best practice to release module to forge

Talk about writing modules and plugins for CMS Made Simple, or about specific core functionality. This board is for PHP programmers that are contributing to CMSMS not for site developers
Ertenal
Forum Members
Forum Members

best practice to release module to forge

Post by Ertenal »

I just released my second module for CMS Made Simple. I'm familiar with GIT and saw the option of version control via GIT (is this new?)

So i registered my module and a couple of minutes later i received an email that my project is accepted.

After that i pushed my local code to the git repository in cmsms (not github).

The first (beta) version of my module is complete so i wanted to release that. I fought my way trough the forge admin (sorry guys, its not that easy..) and got to a point where i could upload my files. I created a 'Beta' file Package and added a new release.

In here i placed my in cmsms created module XML and a zip file.

As of now you can download the module (http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/storelocator) but on the right under 'Project summary' i don't see a last release date or last commit date.

And also, there is no version attached to the downloads.. only in the filename. But i couldn't find a place where to put this?

So there is something that i did wrong.. what i don't now.
Dr.CSS

Re: best practice to release module to forge

Post by Dr.CSS »

All looks good to me...
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by Jos »

Ertenal wrote:... but on the right under 'Project summary' i don't see a last release date or last commit date.
That data will be updated only once a day.
Ertenal wrote:And also, there is no version attached to the downloads.. only in the filename. But i couldn't find a place where to put this?
Where you have put the words "Initial Release" you could have put the version number of your release.
Ertenal
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Ertenal »

Ic.. didn't knew that. Next version will include a version number. And now i see a last commit date. Seems it works :-)

Return to “Developers Discussion”