CMS Developers rules and guidelines

Talk about writing modules and plugins for CMS Made Simple, or about specific core functionality. This board is for PHP programmers that are contributing to CMSMS not for site developers
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

CMS Developers rules and guidelines

Post by calguy1000 »

Because of a few issues related to errors, and notices not being detected till just prior to a release

we now REQUIRE that all developers with write access to the CMS core change their error_reporting
in the php.ini to:

Code: Select all

error_reporting = E_ALL
Sorry, I don't mean to offend anybody, but this caused a last minute hiccup in the 1.0-beta1 release, and since the developers team is getting a bit larger these days, it may be a good idea to set a few rules down.

Lets consider this little one the first.

Does anybody have any other ideas?
Last edited by calguy1000 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

CMS Developers rules and guidelines: Rule #2

Post by calguy1000 »

The second "rule" we've come up with due to these last minute commits, is this.... again, I'm sorry if anybody gets offended...

Shortly (a day or so) prior to the generation of a Beta or a final release we will call "Commit Cuttoff".  This means that no developer should commit changes to the core without getting secondary approval from another CMS core developer.

This is done to have a second set of eyes look at the code before it's committed.  That second set of eyes should actually test the code and make sure that the change works for them, and doesn't introduce anything obviously wrong. 

We're not trying to impede development of CMS here people, we encourage your contributions.  However we are trying to ensure that the released product doesn't have any glaring errors, and to generally improve on the quality, and the appearance of quality to the users.

Of course, the benevolent dictator is excused from this condition.... After all, it is his project  :) :)
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Dr.CSS

Re: CMS Developers rules and guidelines

Post by Dr.CSS »

All hale TED...  Image
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Developers Discussion”