CMSMS not working on local when internet disconected!

Talk about writing modules and plugins for CMS Made Simple, or about specific core functionality. This board is for PHP programmers that are contributing to CMSMS not for site developers
Russ
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: CMSMS not working on local when internet disconected!

Post by Russ »

OK I'm getting a little confused here omidahn, you are now saying access to the CMS website is OK, but the CMS Admin pages are not working correctly?

If you can can you remove all non-standard modules. Clear the admin cache. Re-copy admin from a working copy (same version). Then let us know how you get on.
omidahn
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by omidahn »

Russ wrote: OK I'm getting a little confused here omidahn, you are now saying access to the CMS website is OK, but the CMS Admin pages are not working correctly?
Yes!

Ok , I'll try. thank you.
Sonya

Post by Sonya »

The problem can be that CMS Made Simple checks for update. Try to do following:
Connect to internet, in the admin panel click on Site Admin » Global Settings and enter in the field Check for new CMS versions using this URL: the word "none". Then disconnect and see if it helps.
omidahn
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by omidahn »

Sonya wrote: The problem can be that CMS Made Simple checks for update. Try to do following:
Connect to internet, in the admin panel click on Site Admin » Global Settings and enter in the field Check for new CMS versions using this URL: the word "none". Then disconnect and see if it helps.
Problem solved! (Maybe just for now!)
(Windows server 2003 , MS 1.6.5 , WAMP)

Thank u all guys... ;D
jmcgin51
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by jmcgin51 »

I have noticed the same issue.  If in fact the update check is the root cause, perhaps the update check should have a timeout?

Return to “Developers Discussion”