User defined tags (bug?)

Talk about writing modules and plugins for CMS Made Simple, or about specific core functionality. This board is for PHP programmers that are contributing to CMSMS not for site developers
BamaRob

User defined tags (bug?)

Post by BamaRob »

I'm finding user defined tags to be a very powerful tool. Kudos to the development team for including them. However, I can't edit an existing tag. I created a new user defined tag and named it "my_footer". Anytime I try to edit the tag, when I hit the Submit button, I get, "A tag with this name already exists. Please choose another." The only solution I've found is to delete the tag and recreate it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

BamaRob

BTW, I'm finally getting DSL at home, so hopefully, I can get more active with CMS development and contribute some.
BamaRob

User defined tags (bug?)

Post by BamaRob »

Forgot to add that I'm running CMS 0.6.3
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

User defined tags (bug?)

Post by Ted »

This is fixed in 0.7rc2. I hope to release 0.7 on Monday night.
BamaRob

User defined tags (bug?)

Post by BamaRob »

This brings up an interesting question...

I haven't had the pleasure of upgrading CMS yet. Is this a difficult process? Are there instructions somewhere?

Thanks,

BR
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

User defined tags (bug?)

Post by Ted »

Actually, upgrading CMS is, well, simple. Basically, copy the new version over the old one and point your browser to upgrade.php. One of the things considered with every new addition is how it'll affect the upgrade path from older versions. We pride on the fact that you can go seemlessly from 0.1 to the latest without any issues.
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

User defined tags (bug?)

Post by Greg »

Are there any plans to change the install process. FTP of 638 files to my website takes some time. As the number of files grow we need a way of only copying the new files for the version changes. Or is there a way to do this already? I note that with each new version all the file dates are changed to the release date.
Greg
anthonyc

User defined tags (bug?)

Post by anthonyc »

SPIP, Système de Publication pour l'Internet, has a system where to install it, you just need to upload one php file, and then when you point your browser at it, it downloads all the others automatically. Which is fabulous if you only have FTP access and no shell access.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

User defined tags (bug?)

Post by Ted »

One of the things that I'm going to concentrate heavily on for the next version is cleaning up the size of the distribution, number of directories in the root dir and other issues with files sizes and stuff.

We have a good majority of the feature set in place (though it needs work). It's time to make it more streamlined...

I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to find a way to figure out exactly what files have changed, and only include those in an upgrade tar.gz along with the full releases.

I'll look into this for releases after 0.7.
leen

User defined tags (bug?)

Post by leen »

wishy wrote:I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to find a way to figure out exactly what files have changed, and only include those in an upgrade tar.gz along with the full releases.
The idea is good, but is it practical?

We are not talking about a biiiig CMS system. We are talking about a packed size of around 1 MB. A floppy.

Although I have no experience in releasing projects, but (humbly spoken) I feel like this would be an overkill. ;)

Cheers,

Leen
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

User defined tags (bug?)

Post by Ted »

Well, go with the worst case scenario.

I'm on dialup. I have very limited access via FTP to my provider. I have to unpack it first, which can be about 2.5 megs. And CMS is releasing a new release every 1-2 weeks. :)

If I can come up with an automated way to do it, I don't see an issue. A simple perl script that checks the diff file between svn tags or something similar. It wouldn't be a huge deal, I'd think.

It would espeically be nice for the 0.6.1-0.6.2 type releases that are only about 5 files.

Return to “Developers Discussion”