www.indyfestival.com

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
seliger

www.indyfestival.com

Post by seliger »

http://www.indyfestival.com  - St. Christopher Mid-Summer Festival

This is something I came up with for my friend's church's annual festival. The layout isn't anything to get up and start a riot about (lack of time caused us to migrate last year's template), but it is functional and according to them, "looks nice. "

Let me tell you, CMS has made this thing a DREAM to manage. Some of the stuff on this site is really redundant and using the HTML blobs turned out to be a real life saver! That and with all the different tags that exist or are easliy written--wow, just fabulous!

And, if you're in the Indianapolis area that weekend, feel free to stop out. I'll be out there Saturday shooting new pictures for next year's template.

Corey
Last edited by seliger on Thu May 19, 2005 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Utter
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: www.indyfestival.com

Post by Utter »

Just had a quick look in Safari and the drop menus appear way off to the top right  :(
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Nice looking site!

Though, yeah, the drop menus are definatly off in Safari.  PHPLayers is a little funky sometimes.  Never send a table to do a style tag's job.  ;)
seliger

Post by seliger »

Neat!

Now I need a Mac to test this bugger!

So, I kind of blazed through the PHPlayers stuff and just hacked up the CSS to make it look ok in a big hurry.

Looking at some of the postings on the forums, people are suggesting dropping all of the CSS stuff from the PHPlayers code and integrate it into the template (makes sense).

Any way to get rid of the tables, or is this something else that needs to be battled? Perhaps I am misunderstanding the previous posts. :-)

Also, anyone notice that there isn't much activity on the phplayers site on SF?

Corey
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

You could use {bulletmenu} instead of phplayers and css it up a bit...

PHPLayers is a hack in my opinion.
dotnet

Post by dotnet »

PHPLayers has the same problem (submenus appearing way off to the right) in Mozilla/5.0.

It ins't your fault either. Others are having the same problem with PHPLayers (example: http://www.campbellschool.net/website/)

It seems that this problem doesn't show up in IE 6 and the latest Mozilla/Firefox. It is unfortunate that many browsers have been so slow devoping support for the latest CSS standards. I think it is better to expect users to upgrade their browsers than to support outdated browsers and miss the full advantage of CSS.

BTW, there are other good Javascript menu systems out there. I you are feeling adventurous, you could develop a CMSMS module for an alternate menu system.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

I would love to get rid of phplayers.  Not sure what to use in it's place, though.  Suggestions welcome.  Code donations excepted.  :)
dotnet

Post by dotnet »

BTW, PHPLayers works great in the latest version of Safari. I just tested it on my own site.

Return to “CMS Show Off”