New Website for Fabricator

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
XSiV1972

New Website for Fabricator

Post by XSiV1972 »

Hi All,

Here is my first attempt at a cmsms site. It is responsive and I'm not too sure how it works because I kind of cheated and used Dreamweaver to create a responsive site then I ported that across and somehow managed to make it work in cmsms. I believe it uses boilerplate though I'm still trying to figure out how exactly the responsive functionality works. I have utilised the showtime slideshow module. I am thinking of adding the photo albums module for use as a portfolio of all his other work so he doesn't try and put everything into the slideshows.

http://www.davesmetalproducts.com.au
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: New Website for Fabricator

Post by velden »

I think you did a nice job!

Though, have another look at the start of your template. There seems to be something wrong with the multiple <__html> tags and I think you declared a xhtml doctype while using html5. Result is that the page does not validate (in a bad way I think).

Did you consider using pretty urls?
XSiV1972

Re: New Website for Fabricator

Post by XSiV1972 »

Thanks for pointing those validation errors out velden. I forgot about validating it. I have solved most of the issues by updating the doctype declaration as suggested.

I had thought about using pretty urls I just hadn't got around to implementing them yet. I'll have to read up about how to do so.

Cheers

Josh

Return to “CMS Show Off”