Dutch horse event

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Dutch horse event

Post by Jos »

After several months working in my sparse free time, I could finally launch an updated website for a large annual horse event in the Netherlands: http://tinyurl.com/cwqypla

Of course proudly powered by CMS Made Simple.
In addition to the default modules like News, it also makes use of:

Multilanguage CMS
To make the website multilingual. Each page is available in both Dutch and German. A click on a flag will open the corresponding page in the other language (Please don't pay any attention to German language errors, still need someone to review that part)

Custom Global Settings
With this module the event start and enddate are defined, also the participation rates, wether the registration is visible or not, etc.
These settings are used throughout the entire site, so it's very easy to set all up for the next year.

Gallery
Used on the homepage for the photo rotator (cycle), on the page "Evenement info»Foto-impressie" (fancybox with the 'show one thumb and the rest hidden' method), on the page "Deelnemen»Dagroutes" (Fancybox), and on the page "verblijf»Aanbod accommodaties" (AE-Gallery)

CGSmartImage
Watermarking the large images in Gallery-templates, resizing photos in newsarticles

FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions on the page "Deelnemen»Veelgestelde vragen", multilanguage

ListItExtended
Time-driven listing of the program "programma". Dates are dynamically calculated from the startdate which is defined in the Custom Global Settings module. That's why I didn't use a Calendar module, which only handle static dates.

Gbook
Guestbook on the page "Gastenboek"

FrontEndUsers and FEUMailer
To send mailings. Subscription for the event is handled by a custom made portal, apart from CMSms. Need to integrate that one day to make things more easy.

As a finishing touch I added dynamic sitemaps en robots.txt with Rolf's tutorial on: http://www.rolftjassens.com/blog/create ... robots-txt
Wishbone
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Dutch horse event

Post by Wishbone »

I really like it. :)
psy
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Dutch horse event

Post by psy »

Would really like to see it but the tinyurl link is broken :(