www.tikigaqtech.com

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
jptechnical
Forum Members
Forum Members

www.tikigaqtech.com

Post by jptechnical »

http://www.tikigaqtech.com They gave me one day to come up with a template. What do you think? I love pointers and suggestions, I have been staring at it for the whole day so I have lost all objectivity.

Thanks

A little background - I do subcontract work for these guys, mainly excising the cancer of their past web guy. They have been putting up with a single image website for like 2 years, it was titled 'untitled document' and he couldn't figure out how to change it. UGH!

here is their old website
Akrabat

Re: www.tikigaqtech.com

Post by Akrabat »

I like it!  Not sure about the relevance of the FAQ questions though.
Xorn725

Post by Xorn725 »

I like it too.  Very clean and elegant.  One nit to pick though--it's powered by CMS Made Simple 0.9.2, not CMS Make Simple 9.2!  :-)

-Jason
jptechnical
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jptechnical »

One nit to pick though--it's powered by CMS Made Simple 0.9.2, not CMS Make Simple 9.2!
Ha ha, see what I mean about losing objectivity... thanks Xorn725.

I think I will make the footer into an html_blob so it can have a link back to a web-design page with a full writeup about CMSMS.
Xorn725

Post by Xorn725 »

Actually, for your templating/blobbing pleasure, there's a plugin that will display the version number for you.  Simply add {cms_version} somewhere and the version number will be displayed (this just prints the version number and nothing else).

-Jason

P.S. I just noticed I need to proofread my posts a little more carefully too.  I wrote "CMS Make SImple" instead of "CMS Made Simple."  D'oh!
loudmouth

Post by loudmouth »

I noticed that your pages were SMHTML. How did you do that instead of PHP? I noticed you did that on most of your websites.
jptechnical
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jptechnical »

Add this to your .htaccess file in the wwwroot (or create one)

Code: Select all

#php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off
#php_flag register_globals Off

# Make sure you have Options FollowSymLinks
# and Allow on
RewriteEngine On

#Rewrites page.shtml as index.php?page
RewriteRule ^(.+)\.shtml$ index.php?page=$1
And change this line in your config.php file from false (that is the default) to true.

Code: Select all

$config['assume_mod_rewrite'] = true;
Viola!

If you have any problems it is possible that the mod-rewrite is not enabled on your server.

Return to “CMS Show Off”