Friends of Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery site

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
johnflan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Friends of Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery site

Post by johnflan »

I wish you could have seen their previous Google Site.

Sometimes the sites for local organisations pose the most creative challenges because of the financial and "political" aspects.

Minimal budget, local authority can't afford a proper site (to promote one of the best collections of Japanese prints in the UK!) so the Friends of the Museum are doing their very best.

CMSMS is a useful tool that has made FofBM&AG think about what they want to say about what they do and enabled me to challenge their perceptions about they think websites should be - notice there's no "Contact Us" page. They wanted one but I forgot about it, because, instead, it was dealt with on every page, but I did compromise on the "About Us" page and persuaded them to have a "Who We Are" page.

The site is now run by them and there are some things that go wonky like the Gallery but it's all part of the learning curve for the organisation and how, with planning and the opportunity to do online editing, using CMSMS they can make an impact on the internet.

All the usual Modules plus Showtime and some magic from Goran Ilic and his News Rotator

CMSMailer 5.2.1
CMSPrinting 1.0.3
FileManager 1.4.1
MenuManager 1.8.4
MicroTiny 1.2.3
ModuleManager 1.5.5
News 2.12.9
Search 1.7.7
ThemeManager 1.1.7
SEOTools2 1.1.1
CGExtensions 1.31.1
OwnersManual 1.0.3
Showtime 3.2
Gallery 1.6
FormBuilder 0.7.3

Here's the link:
http://www.friendsofblackburnmuseum.org.uk/

Hope it works okay!

John F
TheLastLegion
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Friends of Blackburn Museum & Art Gallery site

Post by TheLastLegion »

Very well done John! Looks highly professional and everything an organization should be. What do you use to design that template? You have a very neat design.
johnflan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by johnflan »

I've used the NCleanBlue template and just adapted that.
elkman
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by elkman »

Nice layout and content. Having Blackburn as my last name and knowing that my great grandfather grew up in Blackburn, I just had to take a look. :-)
johnflan
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by johnflan »

Then you might be interested in reading this book about growing up in Blackburn probably around the time your great grandfather was living here "The Road to Nab End". Nab Lane is very near to where I live in Blackburn.
blackhawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by blackhawk »

This is great work!

Return to “CMS Show Off”