To build the site we used a graphic designer to give us the 'look' (some of his ideas/plans still aren't quite incorporated), which he produced as four layered .png files for me to dissect! CMS Made Simple and associated modules has provided the back end, and I have been implementing and maintaining the site.
It is at http://www.stormforce.biz/
It's been a pretty big project, not helped by the fact that the companies 'in house' IT man left very early on to take on a new job, and wasn't replaced, leaving me carrying the can and outside my comfort zone!
Beind the scenes, we are using the following modules:
Jobs still to do:
- Improve Overall loading times - CSS images need to be combined into a sprite, other images need optimising better. Redundant code needs stripping out.
- Get SagepayGateway working properly, to include full eCommerce functionality within the site. This is the big one at the moment.
- Find a better solution for the Mega Menu.
- Introduce Hierarchy menus on each product page (I've got a forum post asking how to do this, have been given good answers!) and breadcrumb links
- Get the 'Dates' Product Attributes to appear in order, possibly include a 'calender' selector rather than drop down box.
- Replace all 'triangle' images with ones generated using css borders (as the flow charts on some of the pages use)
- Produce a mobile friendly version of the site
- Everything else I've forgotten!
Any suggestions on improvements gratefully recieved.