Charlie Davies Photography

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
clj83
Forum Members
Forum Members

Charlie Davies Photography

Post by clj83 »

A photography website making use of the Gallery module, CGFeedback and News.

http://www.charliedaviesphotography.com/

Chris
ChrisF
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Charlie Davies Photography

Post by ChrisF »

Very well done!
manuel
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by manuel »

Dear clj83,

When testing the FotoMoto integration, i noticed the images shown still contain the Charlie Davis watermark.
This might be a visual deterrant for potential customers.
I was wondering if the clients who buy a print or card receive their purchase with or without the watermark?

If you need a solution, i was thinking about limiting access to a folder containing the unwatermarked images using .htaccess (untested) and using smarty or some module to pass these images to the FotoMoto script.

Off-course, i don't know how you executed the integration and if the suggested solutions would be technically viable. Just wanted to make the suggestion :)

I use a htaccess to limit access to certain downloadable files myself. The htaccess limits access to 127.0.0.1 - localhost (cmsms and the installed modules). The module allowing logged in users to access these files is DownloadManager. (will not be the case for you, i used this because the users had to be logged in)
I'm completely uncertain if you could adapt part of this solution to suit your needs but if you want to take a look, you can find more info here: http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/viewtopi ... 82#p229782

Keep up the good work (and keep using cmsms!)

Greetings,
Manuel
clj83
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by clj83 »

Hi Core,

It is a custom template that I built specifically for this website but it would be quite simple to reproduce. It is just two summary templates displaying different levels on information and then a detail template which is used when viewing the full post. You can use one of the browser developer tools to check the CSS.

Chris

Return to “CMS Show Off”