Farm Directory Site - 1.9.4.1

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
orangefrog
Forum Members
Forum Members

Farm Directory Site - 1.9.4.1

Post by orangefrog »

This site is huge. We have over 80 farms listed and we used CalGuy's Company Directory pretty heavily. We integrated CalGuys's CGGoogleMaps into the Company Directory and it worked like a charm. Thanks CalGuy for all your great modules.

http://www.bcfarmfresh.com/

CMSMS 1.9.4.1
CompanyDirectory 1.8.3
CGGoogleMaps 2.1.4
CGBlog 1.7.4
Formbuilder 0.7
SEOTools 1.2

I know there are errors in the code which we are working on. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks to everyone that has made CMSMS one of the easiest and best CMS out there!
bobski101

Re: Farm Directory Site - 1.9.4.1

Post by bobski101 »

WOW! I am very impressed! It makes my site look very amaturish lol. I am still getting used to CMS Made Simple.

Well done on your work! I really like it
orangefrog
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by orangefrog »

Thanks for the nice compliment. It's okay, I've done a few sites like this that are 'cute' looking?!?! I like to do more professional sites but getting to do these ones every now and then is just fun.

And in regards to your work looking amateurish, nonsense. I'll tell you right now that two years ago I wouldn't show anyone the sites I did as they looked horrible. Just keep practicing. And, dealing with as many clients that I do, I'll tell you beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not good..
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by paulbaker »

Superb site. A great use of company directory and I love the sliding vegetable selector and the slick CSS, especially the grass at the bottom. ;D

My only suggestion is adding the name of the area(s) to the TITLE of the home page and within the body text to help Google determine the location of the farms featured (wasn't obvious to me on scanning the home page).

Good job! ;)
orangefrog
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by orangefrog »

Thanks for the kind words. I agree about the location thing however they do a lot of print advertising around here and their previous site was up since 1998. So i figured it wasn't really necessary. Again, thanks for the kind words.
vigor
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by vigor »

Hi, brilliant site. One of the best I've seen in cmsms. One quick question if you dont mind.

How did you get the categories in the quick search?

Thanks,
Paul
orangefrog
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by orangefrog »

Believe it or not, I manually created that drop down list. Reason is the categories are mixed and I wanted to split them into to different categories, which the company directory doesn't do.

And thanks for the kind compliments. Always nice to hear from others.
fais1234

Post by fais1234 »

Great site. Optimal use of CGBlog.
I'm doing similar. Hope you dont mind to explain how to manually add a dropdown list in it, step by step.

Return to “CMS Show Off”