trashfox.ch

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
Azrae

trashfox.ch

Post by Azrae »

www.trashfox.ch
here is my first page made with cmsms (well, its my second, but first which is finished ;) )

I migrated it from a static-page (quite easy)
It uses only standard-modules and tags (expect a special version of the bulletmenu, similar to the one you can find here in the forum) and it is made with the beta4.

BTW:
beta4 is really cool!
I love the new admin-panel style :)
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: trashfox.ch

Post by Ted »

I love these kinds of stories.  :)  That's exactly what we're here for.  Thanks!
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

Great job. And thank you for the description how easy it was to migrate from a static page to CMSMS - we do need more of these success stories. However you should add some meta-information for language, etc.:

Otherwise the system assumes UTF-8 causing some problems on your Imprint, where you have unencoded characters.

Regards,
Nils
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Meta isn't the way to do it.  The encoding should be changed on the template (or in config.php).  CMSMS sends this encoding via HTTP headers.  If the meta tags and HTTP headers don't match, some browsers will have trouble rendering the page and you'll wonder why you're getting blank pages in some browsers.
Azrae

Post by Azrae »

Thank you?
Unencoded characters?

ah, shouldn't be. I have to change them to valid html-characters
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

I am not familiar with setting the encoding via HTTP headers. But I know that a lot of assistive technology relies on the meta-information, for example several screenreaders do. So meta-information is important as well IMHO.

Regards
Nils
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Meta tags are good too.  The main reason why we use headers, though, is because CMSMS doesn't have control over templates.  So, there is really no good way to force people to use the right meta tags all the time.

As long as the meta tags and headers match (both are using the same encoding), then it won't be an issue.
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

Ummm ... please correct me if I am all wrong, but it might be a good idea to put this in the Admin-Preferences.

Set encoding (drop down list)ä

And then provide a tag like {add_meta} for the template ...

Maybe we could then have something like keywords and description as fields in the page-section and even keeping the "additional meta" field might make sense sometimes.

Just my 0.02 EUR again ... ;o)

Regards,
Nils
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Sounds like a good idea.  Have to look at that after 0.10 is released.
nils73
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by nils73 »

just ask me for good ideas (TM) ... as long as i do not have to code it ;o)

Regards,
Nils

Return to “CMS Show Off”