SheffieldLive! Internet Radio Station

Post links to sites running CMS in all its glory.
Utter
Forum Members
Forum Members

SheffieldLive! Internet Radio Station

Post by Utter »

This site went live today despite being a bit 'content-thin'. The station hands will add content over the next couple of days.

This statement from the site splash page will give you a good idea of the aims and direction of the station;
Through Sheffield Live! you will hear many different voices, accents, stories, music and languages. We give airspace to local musicians, bands, DJ’s, composers and writers. Sheffield Live! brings you the sounds of a lively and diverse city and fights to break down the barriers of stereotype.
On the technical side, the site is pure CSS2 and is showcasing a great new module by sjg... the RadioRoster module. This allows editors and admins to list DJs, create shows and then sequence them across time-slots in a weekly schedule. The links from the schedule page link directly to a description of the show or the presenters biogs.

There are still one or two technical and design issues to iron out with CSS etc. (any pointers, advice and even nit-picking will be gratefully received!) and it's on track to be WAI/Bobby AA and XHTML 1.0 compliant. The whole thing was designed and constructed in 4 days which just goes to prove how bloody amazing CMSmadeSimple really is!

I hope you enjoy it and even tune in to the station.

http://www.sheffieldlive.org
Last edited by Utter on Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Utter
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: SheffieldLive! Internet Radio Station

Post by Utter »

I've now integrated a free chat module onto the site. It works like a charm!
petert
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by petert »

Utter wrote: and is showcasing a great new module by sjg... the RadioRoster module. This allows editors and admins to list DJs, create shows and then sequence them across time-slots in a weekly schedule. The links from the schedule page link directly to a description of the show or the presenters biogs.
care to share that code with us?
Mambo sucks, that's why I am here.
Now they call it Joomla, but it still sucks!

CMSMS rules!
Utter
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Utter »

Petert!

sjg is still lovingly crafting the code as it's still a bit beta-ish at the moment.

I'm sure he will release it to the world when it's ready ;)
sjg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sjg »

Utter wrote: Petert!

sjg is still lovingly crafting the code as it's still a bit beta-ish at the moment.

I'm sure he will release it to the world when it's ready ;)
Indeed. As soon as I fully debug it :)

But a version will be available within the next week or so.
Many modules available from the http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org
The CMS Made Simple Developer Cookbook is now available from Packt Publishers!

Return to “CMS Show Off”