Can a site visitor change the template?

Patch for multilingual modules
stevegos

Can a site visitor change the template?

Post by stevegos »

Hi, Is there a way to put a link or drop down box so the web site visitor can change the template they view?

Reason being that I am developing a site for a charity and they need to have two sites: one pretty with all the graphics and another non-graphics (or minimal anyway) which could easily be based around the minimal template. This is for people with vision problems and need large text sizes.

Or is there a better way to have the same content viewable under two different templates?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Steven

PS, have edited this post with a little more info as loads of people viewing but no-one replying.
Last edited by stevegos on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
stevegos

Re: Can a site visitor change the template?

Post by stevegos »

Hi, lots of people viewing this post but no ideas?

Essentially I need to produce a text only or low graphics version of a site using a minimal template along side the usual fully graphical template.

Any ideas how I can do this?

Steve
Nullig
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Nullig »

You could use a method like this:

http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 028.0.html

Or you could use the frontend user module and build the template around the user's requirements.

Nullig
replytomk3

Post by replytomk3 »

There's a module in the Forge http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/styleswitcher. This is also possible to change in the browser if multiple css files are specified.
Last edited by replytomk3 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevegos

Post by stevegos »

Thanks for all the ideas. I'll be checking those out in the next few days.

Can't think of any reason this topic was moved to the MLE board. At no point is my topic about multi-lingual or different language version.

Nem hiszem, valamilyen okból ez a téma átkerült az MLE fórumon. Egyáltalán nem az én témakörben, több nyelv, illetve a különböző nyelvi változatban.

oops.

Return to “Modules/Addon patchs”