Cmsadesimple multilingual with installer

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
katon

Cmsadesimple multilingual with installer

Post by katon »

Okay I have some news about CMSMS multilingual.

1) I have given the multi-lingual hack a nicer name - MLE (multi-lingual edition or multilang edition). 

2) I have added an installer that does all the dirty job.  So far it's only in the SVN repository of the CMSMS-MLE project.

If you ask me why the module, not a CMSMS core branch - I want to be able to involve developers who are not on the core dev list.  I'll get it into the cmsms core branch later.

This version is based on 1.0 beta 4 core.  Once I finish the updater from 0.x multilang, I will start the update to core 1.1.

Who wants to have their language added by the installer, email me a flag of their language or upload it to SVN.  The images must be 14px x 11px, filename lang_xx.gif (e.g. lang_de.gif or lang_b5.gif).  German, Swedish, Chinese, Japanese, and Russian are already there.
Last edited by katon on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
moorezilla

Re: Cmsadesimple multilingual with installer

Post by moorezilla »

Go get em, Tiger!

I need this module for an inner-city school web project needing support for between 5 and 15 languages.
katon

Post by katon »

Well, you can use it already.  The remaining tasks are upgradabilitya and supportability.
alby

Post by alby »

katon wrote: This version is based on 1.0 beta 4 core.  Once I finish the updater from 0.x multilang, I will start the update to core 1.1.

Who wants to have their language added by the installer, email me a flag of their language or upload it to SVN.  The images must be 14px x 11px, filename lang_xx.gif (e.g. lang_de.gif or lang_b5.gif).  German, Swedish, Chinese, Japanese, and Russian are already there.
Please, add Italian language.
I attach a zip with gif and png (please to consider png image because it's more simple a pdf translation of images).

I am very interesting in this project.
Keep up the good work

Alby

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
katon

Post by katon »

Italian flag added, thanks.  I need a gif, because the image must fall into the uniform pattern, otherwise I need to change all images to png.
alby

Post by alby »

katon wrote: Italian flag added, thanks.  I need a gif, because the image must fall into the uniform pattern, otherwise I need to change all images to png.
For my tag, I use IP2COUNTRY resource and this world flag with png files in particular (18x12)

Alby
katon

Post by katon »

Yes, the uniformity is required for the installer.  After that you can manually change the config where necessary.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

katon wrote: Okay I have some news about CMSMS multilingual... (snip)
Yay !Yeah ! Yey ! Yeehoo !
Viva Katon ! Vote Katon !

My 0,02€ :
A°)Design question : is it only one tree where each content is "language tagged" (which I would prefer), or is it several different trees, one for each language ?
B°)How can I help to include French also ? Well, may be I can't, but I don't know yet.

Long life to MLE !

PM
katon

Post by katon »

This is one tree.  There was another quick solution with two trees, which is good when you have different content structure for different languages.  It was suggested by Piratos if I'm not mistaken.

To contribute, email me a french flag 14x11.  If you can do development, you can join the dev team.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

I attach a zip with GIFs flags (stretched and unstretched) from the JPEG at http://www.elysee.fr/elysee/elysee.fr/f ... 21111.html
It is the flag of the republic rather than the flag of France but it should be enough for Francophones to understand.

I thought you need help to translate things, not to code. I'm not a good coder but if you send me a list of strings, I can translate it.

PM

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
katon

Post by katon »

Well, cmsms mle offers multilingual support for the front end.  It has nothing to do with the back end.  Translation is needed for the back end only.
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Back end only, sure, obviously.
So if you provide a list of back end strings, I may be able to translate it.
Is it there ? http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 16.30.html

PM

edit : I'm lost : the back end is allready multilang, isn't it ?
Last edited by Pierre M. on Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
katon

Post by katon »

Yes, in the admin panel choose My Preferences -> User Preferences.
Defix
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Defix »

Nice work!
Please add estonian language too:

When or where i can download CMSMS-MLE project?

thanks,
Defix
katon

Post by katon »

http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/scm/?group_id=159
For the latest build with an automatic installer, use the svn version.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”