Adding extra content areas / multilingual site

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
millo

Adding extra content areas / multilingual site

Post by millo »

Hi,

I'm new to CMSMS but have got my head around the basics and I'm building away now.

I've got the multilingual version (1.0-beta4 "Hawaii Multilingual") and I'm setting up a site in english and spanish.

Content is translating fine *however* if I go ahead and add new content fields to a template via the suggested method of inserting the following code into the template file ...

{content block='intro'}

... I only get the field available in one language. I.E. I go to a page, select the english version and edit. All fine, however then when I go into the spanish version of the page the content for the extra field has already been saved over from the english version. That's because the page only recognises these pieces of content as a one language type content field and not a multilanguage content type field.

Is that clear?

Any way to remedy this?

Btw, Great CMS. Thanks!
Last edited by reneh on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newclear

Re: Adding extra content areas / multilingual site

Post by newclear »

i didnot know about this but i can say why this happens

because the multilingual version is unofficial
katon

Post by katon »

I'm going to add multilingual content blocks soon.
visitor

Post by visitor »

katon wrote: I'm going to add multilingual content blocks soon.
Do you have any idea when "soon" is going to be? I absolutely LOVE CMSMS and would hate to use a different one. But without multilingual support i'm afraid i will have to...

Cheers
katon

Post by katon »

It's already there in build 3.  You can try it, but please be aware that in a couple of days I'm going to release build 4 with some bugfixes.  I think that will be the last build of 1.0.2.
visitor

Post by visitor »

katon wrote: It's already there in build 3.  You can try it, but please be aware that in a couple of days I'm going to release build 4 with some bugfixes.  I think that will be the last build of 1.0.2.
Oh really? I sure as hell will take a look right away!

P.S.: You really should include a small readme that tells people that they need to create a config_lang.php and what they're supposed to put in there. Simply installing the CMS through the script won't activate the multilang options as you probably know.
Last edited by visitor on Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
visitor

Post by visitor »

From a first look it doesn't seem to work. Or do i have to create a new page first? Or even a new template? Or could it be that you only added global content blocks but millo and me are talking about multiple content fields?
katon

Post by katon »

Please make sure the installer has managed to create config_lang.php in the root directory.
visitor

Post by visitor »

katon wrote: Please make sure the installer has managed to create config_lang.php in the root directory.
I guess with "root directory" you mean the cms' base directory. No, the installer did not create a config_lang.php by itself. I had to do it on my own.
Last edited by visitor on Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
katon

Post by katon »

This is not bad if the file is valid and readable.
visitor

Post by visitor »

My fault: I had chosen to install the templates, which i shouldn't have done.

So i've installed it again, this time without the example templates, and it did ask me for language options. So far so good.

But in the end the only block i could translate was the main {content} one. Any other block (like {content block='right'} ) was always the same on all languages.

Wouldn't it be better to create (for german in my case)
prop_names_en
prop_names_de

tables instead of

content_name_en
content_name_de

tables???

Wouldn't that work better in order to store translated content blocks?
Last edited by visitor on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
katon

Post by katon »

There is only multilingual support for main content and for global content blocks.  If this is what you mean.
visitor

Post by visitor »

katon wrote: There is only multilingual support for main content and for global content blocks.  If this is what you mean.
Ok, now i understand, we misunderderstood then.

Ah well, i'll have to use a different CMS then... Thanks anyway.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”