Best way to move CMSMS MLE to another server?

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
Peetra
Forum Members
Forum Members

Best way to move CMSMS MLE to another server?

Post by Peetra »

I usually make sites at localhost first and then moves 'em to to real destination, but I haven't succeed yet to move a site from localhost A --> localhost B.

Is the best way to istall CMSMS MLE all over again and then move the database? but what is in the db then anfd what is not? flag-config is in files, but no flags became visual when I tried to move in a db in a mle with no configurated flags through backend, so that lang-config is written to files?

Many problems I have had today trying to use straight file copying seems to be cacherelated. For example I haev a backend, but no frontend and in backend I get following error:

Code: Select all

Warning: fopen(/home/peetra/htdocs/cms-mle-fi-sv/tmp/cache/contentcache.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Lupa evätty in /home/peetra/htdocs/cms-mle-fi-sv/lib/classes/class.contentoperations.inc.php on line 568

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/peetra/htdocs/cms-mle-fi-sv/lib/classes/class.contentoperations.inc.php on line 569

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/peetra/htdocs/cms-mle-fi-sv/lib/classes/class.contentoperations.inc.php on line 570
And those lines are:

Code: Select all

$handle = fopen($cachefilename, "w");
			fwrite($handle, '<?php return; ?>'.serialize($tree));
			fclose($handle);
I am all over the forum asking all sorts of (stupid?)
queston it seems, thanks gals'n'gays for keeping up with me beeing such a nub. :P
Peetra.
Image ☺♀
replytomk3

Re: Best way to move CMSMS MLE to another server?

Post by replytomk3 »

My signature
Peetra
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Peetra »

^^jeeps..... Nothing 'bout my special cache-thingie-problem there. I'll might just have to try from scratch again?

^I briefly read yout link from sig and would like to recommend mysqldumper as problemsolver for any databas export/import thingie. I'll read the whole story on monday.

Any further emptying cache tips are welcome. I might missed somthing?
Image ☺♀
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Before moving go to site admin global settings last tab and clear cache, make sure the tmp/cache folder only has a index.html file in it, same for tmp/templates_c folder, then move site...
Peetra
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Peetra »

It seems that my chmod using skills at localhost are really crappy or beginners stiffness with cmsms-mle or something, maybe both.

Today moving site worked perfect, when I did a new installation ( /me glad to find mle-1.8.1 when coming to work today, its great to know that i do not have to upgrade the site right after publishing!) at the older local server and moved it to the new server.  

But of course it was another version number and I cleared cache through backend this time. well... I ain't going to check out with the older version of mle any more. I really like that it worked now and I am not that bothered 'bout what exactly went wrong last week.

Peetra.
Last edited by Peetra on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ☺♀

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”