[Solved] How do I remove the News module?

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
Peetra
Forum Members
Forum Members

[Solved] How do I remove the News module?

Post by Peetra »

I m all new ro cmsms and of course all lost in the admin control panel. Can I switch off the news module somewhere. I could also remove the whole code in filesystem stylesheets if possible. Both ways would be great to know how to.

Cheers Peetra.
Last edited by Peetra on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ☺♀
Jos
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: How do I remove the News module?

Post by Jos »

You can go to menu Extensions -> Modules and deinstall News there
NaN

Post by NaN »

Wait, what do you mean with "remove the News module"?
Do you just want to remove it from your frontend or do you don't need it completeley?

And what does "remove the whole code in filesystem stylesheets" mean?
Peetra
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Peetra »

You can go to menu Extensions -> Modules and deinstall News there
Tried that and it didn't seem to work. :/
Then I cleared the cache-template-directory in tmp and the cache in my browser, but it didn't work neither. I have deleted the actual preinstalled news, so there is just the default-picture (screen-1.6.jpg) left or in the other default  template just the text News. Removing the post before module might have been a mistake?

[edit] I am working with mle-fork, that information might be useful?
NaN wrote: Do you just want to remove it from your frontend or do you don't need it completeley?
I would like to learn both ways actually. :)
NaN wrote:And what does "remove the whole code in filesystem stylesheets" mean?
weeellll, that no-one could ever get it to work in that cmsms, if they do not know cmsms or have my notes about what I have done. The project I am planning is not commercial, but I would very much unlike, that I was put aside and somebody else get paid or something like that. But that is not that important as getting it off sight from frontend. It's not a news publishing site I  am planning at this point.
Last edited by Peetra on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ☺♀
Peciura

Post by Peciura »

[edit] I am working with mle-fork, that information might be useful?
Pay attention where you are opening topic http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... #msg181580
Besides documentation on wiki and default CMSms content might seem long reading but i am sure you will find 90% useful info in there.

In general, using CMSms-mle-fork and trying to figure things out autonomously are closely related, otherwise you get frustrated because smth is not working with CMSms-mle-fork the way you expected. All modules are written for regular CMSms and not for hacked (forked) CMSms. Though some of use find advantages of hacked version more important than disadvantages.

I believe it is better you know all this stuff sooner than later. There is Babel module to have some languages with regular CMSms.
Last edited by Peciura on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peetra
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Peetra »

Actually the News Module won't go away in the ordinary 1.7 installation either by uninstalling it in backend,
so I am afraid there is some simple thing i the admin panel that I have missed. Or was it a bug in 1.7?

What I did: backend --> Extensions --> Modules
Then I click on Uninstall in the same row as News and the Uninstall-link disappear, but the News module is still visible. What next?  ???
Image ☺♀
NaN

Post by NaN »

Thats it. And this should be all. The module should be uninstalled now and not visible in "Content->News" anymore.
If you really want to remove it completeley there should be a link "Remove" in the same table. This will delete whole directory "modules/News".
If it cannnot be deleted by the CMS due to file permissions you need to do it by yourself using an FTP client.
Peetra
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Peetra »

It might be the mle that is hunting me. A fresh installation with mle 1.8.1 still leave the text and the pic to the left of NCleANBLUE template.

I found the html for the Text and the picture in Backend --> Layouts --> Template and I'll try to remove/change the remaining visible scratch from the html that way. :)

Thank you for all tips, I just might manage this issue by myself now. :D
Last edited by Peetra on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ☺♀

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”