Different Admin per Language

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
joeri
Forum Members
Forum Members

Different Admin per Language

Post by joeri »

Would it be possible to have a admin dedicated to one specific language?

In this way that if you have 10 different languages installed, you could assign 10 admins with every admin allowed to only one language, and without rights to change the other language content.

Another way I thought about is using the original core and just create 10 identical tree structures and assign the users accordingly.

So you will get:
home_nl
home_en
etc.

But of course not as nice as the multilingual solution:
nl_NL/home
en_US/home

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Peciura

Re: Different Admin per Language

Post by Peciura »

the point of CMSms-mle-fork is to have all languages as close to each other as possible. If you think separate menu branches for each  languages are better for you - consider using Babel module.
So you will get:
home_nl
home_en
Yes you can do that but again there is no point in using mle for this kind of structure.
joeri
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by joeri »

True. I want to keep the languages as close as possible to each other, so MLE is best. But yet, different admins per language :)
I just adjusted the core (users and pages) to get the result.

Thanks for thinking with me though!

Peciura wrote: the point of CMSms-mle-fork is to have all languages as close to each other as possible. If you think separate menu branches for each  languages are better for you - consider using Babel module.
So you will get:
home_nl
home_en
Yes you can do that but again there is no point in using mle for this kind of structure.
Peciura

Post by Peciura »

But yet, different admins per language
W/o having CMSMS-fork-squared i can think of only one solution ( you already know) - to separate menu branches for each language.
another option is to create user grupes like 'en', 'fr' and similar to indicate what language user can edit and fork '/admin/editcontent.php' accordingly.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”