Copy content from one lang to another

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
Sepp
Forum Members
Forum Members

Copy content from one lang to another

Post by Sepp »

Hi.
I have made my website now completly in german. Is there a posibility to copy the whole content to the second language (english)? It would save me a whole lot of time. (Some content are just images, so there is no need for separate translation)
Or isit possible to make some sites appear in both languages with the same content?
Peciura

Re: Copy content from one lang to another

Post by Peciura »

Probably you need this setting.
Site Admin » Global Settings » MLE settings » Show from DEFAULT_LANG if current lang is not ready:
TeXnik
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by TeXnik »

This settings shows only the content from the default language if the language is empty.
When you switch in the admin panel to the other language every content block is empty!

Me too, I would like to have a feature which copies the content to other languages.
First it makes translation easier, as you can see the text to be translated and do not need to switch between pages.
Second additional content like formatting, tags, picture etc. will be transfered an there is no need to copy it piecemeal and adjust manualy.
Peciura

Post by Peciura »

When you switch in the admin panel to the other language every content block is empty!
There is no need to multiply exactly the same content.

If you insist though, there is "README.FIRST" in  CMS-mle-fork pre 1.6 (e.g. 1.5.3) with sql queries to copy monolingual content to all other languages. It can be worth doing if you want to change some text in different languages. But first i would look at module "Translation Manager" and variable {$lang}

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”