MLE resource hungry?

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
janaf
Forum Members
Forum Members

MLE resource hungry?

Post by janaf »

After installing MLE I get the feeling that the MLE version eats more resources / is slower in response that the standard model.

- Should I expect there is any signifiacnt difference between standard edition and MLE?

- Anything I can do to optimize?
Peciura

Re: MLE resource hungry?

Post by Peciura »

There is a couple of extra thing to compare to regular CMSms.
What do you call "recource hungry" ?
Majority tips "how to speed up cmsms" should work on CMSms-mle-fork too.
There are some issues with CMSms-1.6.6 and  php 5.2.6, upgrading to 5.2.12 might solve them.
Usually performance suffers if there is not enought of memory. It would be great if one CPU core (e.g C2D 2.5 GHz) had 2 GB of RAM.
janaf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by janaf »

What I mean with resource hungry, is compared to a non-MLE CMSMS installed on the same hardware & DB, the MLE version seems to use more CPU. But I may have been jumping conclusions because I have made several template changes to the MLE version ???.

Right now, I reistalled one clean single language and one clean MLE and the difference is small or none. But these are single-page sites with no content only, so again conclusions may be premature. I will keep an eye on this a s I develop the site and post here later!
Peciura

Post by Peciura »

Personally i notice higher CPU usage when new content (pages, news, forms, products, new templates and modules) are added to site. After short period cashing significantly lowers CPU load.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”