Roadmap MLE?

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
TeXnik
Forum Members
Forum Members

Roadmap MLE?

Post by TeXnik »

As there was the announcement that the MLE fork will be cancelled within the cmsms forum, what will be the future of this fork? Will the MLE fork kerep compability or being developed indepently?

I admit that I am not very keen to go back to the regular cmsms, particular when considering calguys announcement that Version 2.0 will not have multilanguage feature as said earlier.

Yes, I am not a web developer for whom this cms is dedicated, I am a poor user and found that I can do a lot of things with this system without penetrating and investing too much time of learning the programming.
But even if the system was not developed for user like me, I want to keep it.
alby

Re: Roadmap MLE?

Post by alby »

TeXnik wrote: As there was the announcement that the MLE fork will be cancelled within the cmsms forum, what will be the future of this fork?
I have discussed with others develops and I agree to move out CMSMS MLE "forum" from official forum.
All forum posts will be maintained and in next weeks I search (with Ted) an optimal solution especially, if possible, to have the same users.

TeXnik wrote: Will the MLE fork kerep compability or being developed indepently?
As I wrote in my first post, my intention was to add multilanguage to CMSMS ONLY and therefore I do not care to make a real fork to follow other paths
MY final interest (and here I will conclude this project) will be porting from CMSMS MLE 1.X to CMSMS 2.X multilanguage (and I hope by the end of 2010)

After if someone else wants to continue then he will define its objectives

Alby
janaf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by janaf »

I sure hope the multi-language edition MLE will be continued and developed! It's great!

Some advertising that the MLE is a multilanguage CONTENT system may help creating interest. I have searched for a long time for a CMS that handles multiple language content well and I must say that CMSMS with MLE is very useful and easy to use.

Actually, I did not find this function in CMSMS either at first, because it is not much talked about. I have been Googling around for multilanguage support, I basically found what most have; the standard texts are available in several languages. Very few handle content in more than one language. So this needs to be repeated to get some attention. I hope this and other posts on sites with more than one language, will increase the interest in this.

I also suggest renaming this sub-forum from MLE Fork into something like "Multi-Language Edition (MLE) ". The current name "MLE Fork", is hard to understand by outsiders / newbies. I myself did not see it at first, and posted in the wrong forum (the one about translating the standard texts).

And I will repeat for the sake of searchers:
- The stanard CMSMS version handles multiple languages, one language per site. 
- The MLE multi-language content version handles site content in several languages per site. Basically you get one page version per language that you decide to install / use.
- Site visitors can easily toggle between content in different languages.
Peciura

Post by Peciura »

CMSms-mle-fork == CMSms-mle-hack == CMSms-mle-mod
It is not standart edition it represents one way how to build multilingual web site ( another solution is on http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/babel ).

Here you can read not so enthusiastic opinion about this project , though also based on experiance http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 405.0.html
janaf
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by janaf »

OK, I have read the other threads and get the picture.

I have no opinion on various models versus each other (was not aware there where other models) and no knowledge on how MLE interacts with other modules, and did not know that the core team are working with another aproach. Sorry about that. My previous posting was hailing multilanguage content, it was not that model versus the other. I thought this was the one and only.

I was also confused by the vague description on this forum section, it basically tells what MLE is NOT, so I was one of the persons causing extra work by posting in the wrong place.

An a plain user, I need multilanguage content management and this is what I found. I will take a look a Babel too and for now use the one that suits me best and I hope there will be core support for multilanguage site content in a future version (2.X)

(This written in times of version 1.6.6)

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”