MLE and News

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
fredt
Forum Members
Forum Members

MLE and News

Post by fredt »

Hi all,

Yes I've read previous questions on this topic, but I just want to be sure.

On MLE 1.5.2 : When I create a new Content Page, I have a selector to choose the language. When I create a News, I don't have the language selector.

Is this the standard behaviour ?
---- (I tend to think "Yes", as the Forge has a very old "Create a MLE News" open item + we don't give extra SQL to the News tables)
or
Did I mess the install or miss a post ?

If it's the standard behaviour, this means I have to create each New 4 times, 1 per language, and treat them as separate ?

If that the case, and as V 2.0 doesn't seem to appear, I will probably be volunteer to extend the News module...

Thanks,

Fred (still using CMSMS !)
alby

Re: MLE and News

Post by alby »

fredt wrote: If it's the standard behaviour, this means I have to create each New 4 times, 1 per language, and treat them as separate ?
Yes, use News categories and add article for each language (or in some languages only), view here

Alby
josee225
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by josee225 »

Hi,

by the way, thank you very much for this module !

I have set up my news 3 categories in both english and french. I would like to show the latest, in any of my 3 categories, in my header. I'm not too sure how to do this based on ?

Thank you !
alby

Post by alby »

josee225 wrote: I have set up my news 3 categories in both english and french. I would like to show the latest, in any of my 3 categories, in my header. I'm not too sure how to do this based on ?
Look help module for category param

Alby
josee225
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by josee225 »

I have 3 categories in news, with 2 languages:
nouveautes-fr_FR
offres-fr_FR
echantilllons-fr_FR
nouveautes-en_US
offres-en_US
echantilllons-en_US

Althought I have 3 categories, I would like to show the most recent one, regardless of the category, on my home page. You mentionned in your last post to check the News param. Unfortunately, I tried a few different things, without success:

{news number='1' summarytemplate="sommaire-header" lang="$lang"} -> shows the most recent article, in english, because the english version is the latest...

{news number='1' summarytemplate="sommaire-header" articleid="-1" lang="$lang"} -> same result as the first try

I then put all my categories in General-fr_FR and General-en_US respectively. Then:
{news number='1' summarytemplate="sommaire-header" category="General-$lang" articleid="-1"} -> no news is showing at all !

I just can't figure it out I guess, but it is very frustrating ! So please, if anybody figured it out, let us know how to fix this !
alby

Post by alby »

josee225 wrote: I then put all my categories in General-fr_FR and General-en_US respectively. Then:
{news number='1' summarytemplate="sommaire-header" category="General-$lang" articleid="-1"} -> no news is showing at all !
Where you have found articleid param in a summary display?

Alby
josee225
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by josee225 »

I found it in the News help, right from my CMSMS installation.

Thank you for your quick response !
alby

Post by alby »

josee225 wrote: I found it in the News help, right from my CMSMS installation.
News help say of "detail" and not "summary"
Drop articleid and look to

Alby
josee225
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by josee225 »

Am I bad ! So sorry about that ! So now I dropped the articleid. And tried a few things:

{news number="1" summarytemplate="sommaire-header" category="General-$lang"} -> nothing showing up (all my articles are in sub-categories, nested in the General category.

I also tried this: {news number="1" summarytemplate="sommaire-header" lang="$lang"} -> I'm back to the english only article (the very last one I created), but I have the [more] in the right language.
alby

Post by alby »

josee225 wrote: {news number="1" summarytemplate="sommaire-header" category="General-$lang"} -> nothing showing up (all my articles are in sub-categories, nested in the General category.
If are in subcategories (from help) you must use *
{news summarytemplate="sommaire-header" category="General-$lang*"}

Alby
josee225
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by josee225 »

Thank you soooooo much !

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”