*** PLEASE YOUR OPINION * with POLL ***

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.

GlobalContentBlock should be:

Poll runs till Sat Dec 12, 2048 10:21 pm

1. One entry for each languages and select with smarty lang - method in 1.5.4b
8%
2. One entry for all languages and switch language for different content (same of Content page) - method in pre 1.5.4b but without DEFAULT LANG fallback
8%
3. Same of option 2 but ALWAYS fallback to DEFAULT LANG if that language is empty
69%
4. Same of option 2 but fallback to DEFAULT LANG if you SET "Show from DEFAULT_LANG if current lang is not ready" ONLY - method in pre 1.5.4b
15%

Total votes: 13

alby

*** PLEASE YOUR OPINION * with POLL ***

Post by alby »

I'm reconsidering the return of GlobalContentBlock to multilanguage but with a fallback to DEFAULT LANG if is empty (ie is not ready), pre 1.5.4b method

Look here for info

but I want to know your opinions with a poll

Option 1 is current method of 1.5.4b
Option 4 was current method of pre 1.5.4b

Option 2 is same of Option 4 but without fallback
Option 3 is same of Option 4 BUT fallback always if GCB of that language is not ready

[CLEANING TOPIC]

Best regards
Alby
Last edited by alby on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alby

Re: *** GlobalContentBlock PRE 1.5.4b or POST * YOUR Opinions with Poll ***

Post by alby »

Sorry guys,
I ask to people (6) that voting for option 3 if reconfirm again own vote or if want change in option 4

Alby
alby

Re: *** GlobalContentBlock PRE 1.5.4b or POST * YOUR Opinions with Poll ***

Post by alby »

sleiron wrote: I'd like to vote on this poll, but don't quite understand the difference between options 3 and 4.

Could you explain that with an example?
In option 3, if GCB of current language is empty then display same GCB of DEFAULT LANGUAGE (I suppose that is ALWAYS not empty because is your primary language). This means that is always the case independently of your settings.

In option 4, if GCB of current language is empty then display empty. You display relative GCB of DEFAULT LANGUAGE if you set "Show from DEFAULT_LANG if current lang is not ready" option in General Settings. This is same behaviour of Content page, if your language pages are not ready (empty) you FORCE system to display content/title/menu of DEFAULT LANGUAGE page. This means that you must set this option that affects the whole system and not GCB only.
This was the behaviour pre 1.5.4b

I hope to be clear
Alby
Last edited by alby on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeXnik
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: *** PLEASE YOUR OPINION * with POLL ***

Post by TeXnik »

I will stay with my vote. All contents should show the default language content as long as the specific content is empty. This avoids empty pages and disturbing visitors. May be a specific phrase like "This content will be translated" or so is added as long as the content is not edited. If such a page should not be shown in the menu, it can be selected from the options
maxime

Post by maxime »

this is all very, but I thought you mentioned in a previous post that the non-multilang of version 1.5.4b had been decided for futeure compatibility with v 2... so now we're back to multilang 1.5.6 and then ? what will happen with v2 ? will we have to undo the multilang GCB feature again ?
alby

Post by alby »

maxime wrote: this is all very, but I thought you mentioned in a previous post that the non-multilang of version 1.5.4b had been decided for futeure compatibility with v 2... so now we're back to multilang 1.5.6 and then ? what will happen with v2 ? will we have to undo the multilang GCB feature again ?
2.0 is still far and specifications are not all defined.
That is why I asked Ted what "could be" and his answer is 3 but I wanted to hear you also because many feedback from MLE could be included in 2.0 (for example extended that now is default).

Alby

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”