two languages, but same content

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
antiheld2000
Forum Members
Forum Members

two languages, but same content

Post by antiheld2000 »

hi,

i have a little problem. i set up a german site with cmsms. now the server admin copied the site and set it to cmsmle version. looks pretty correct, but when i edit the content in admin area there occurs a problem: wether i edit the content in en_US or in de_DE (my two langs) the content is the same, it is always overwritten. in siteview it is the same content, wether i click the german or the english flag... has any one a suggestion? the real problem is, that the site admin is on vacation and i have no permissions to access the server or database.

regards
antiheld2000
alby

Re: two languages, but same content

Post by alby »

antiheld2000 wrote: has any one a suggestion? the real problem is, that the site admin is on vacation and i have no permissions to access the server or database.
I don't have a troubleshooting and if you don't have permission of access it's very hard...
Have you FTP access?

Alby
antiheld2000
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by antiheld2000 »

unfortunately not. maybe any tips, what it could be or what to look for? tomorrow i try to find a guy who does the work for the admin while he is on vacation. and i dont know what to tell him, what he should look for...
alby

Post by alby »

antiheld2000 wrote: unfortunately not. maybe any tips, what it could be or what to look for? tomorrow i try to find a guy who does the work for the admin while he is on vacation. and i dont know what to tell him, what he should look for...
- Check SQL fields VS README.FIRST or Visual Tutorial
- Check config_lang.php VS Visual Tutorial

With FTP access look to config.php for mysql params.
Install phpmyadmin and EXPORT your DB in SQL file

- Download xampplite and install in local PC
- Download your site files with FTP in xampplite/htdocs
- Start xampplite
- Call http://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin and CREATE new DB
- in phpmyadmin IMPORT your DB from SQL file
- Call http://127.0.0.1/install/index.php for modify config.php with new local params (mysql: localhost, root, no password, new DB) WITHOUT overwrite tables in DB or default content
- Check in this local environment

Alby

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”