formbuilder - empty mails

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
Allmostpurple

formbuilder - empty mails

Post by Allmostpurple »

Hi

I use formbuilder to create a contact form for my website. It looks great and I get the mails submitted, but the mails have no content.

The fields are listed in the mails ... such as

Name:

Phone:

E-mail:

.... but the are all empty

Can anyone please help me and explain why? I am sure that it's just some small thing that I am missing ....

Best Regards

Christian
jimbabwe
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: formbuilder - empty mails

Post by jimbabwe »

You are probably missing the email template.
From Admin Panel:

Select Extensions --> Form Builder
Select the Form Name of the form you are working on
Select the Email To *Email Results to set Address(es) field you created (it contains the address to which you have form info emailed)
Select the Advanced Settings tab

This page is pretty straight forward--choose whether you want the emails to come as html or plain text, then choose to generate a template (scroll down the page to locate the buttons for 'Sample Template' or 'Sample HTML Template'.

I prefer plain text.

Be sure to click the Update button after creating the template.

That should be it.
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by RonnyK »

It looks like the template is there, but when it is generated, it is generated with the labels as the fields are in the Form. When the labels are renamed, the mail-template should reflect those new names, or use the id instead, that way renaming doesnt kill the fields in the mail....

Ronny
ofrost
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ofrost »

I have the same problem and can't find solution

I have inserted template that is shown to users after submition into email template. Still doesn't work. But on site everything works fine.
Last edited by ofrost on Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
lollipop27
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by lollipop27 »

Has anyone of you changed the Name of the fields?

If you work with other languages and change the Labels to your language, the default templates don't work anymore.

Go to the template page as written above and check at the bottom. There it tells you which ids or names you can use.

Then it's the best, you use the ones with id, so if yo change the label again, it still works.
ofrost
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ofrost »

Yes I have. I used field alias. But even if I use ids it still sends empty mails. Exactly the same template works on site for users but doesn't work in mail.

!!! UPDATE !!!
Downgraded to version 0.5.12 and everything works fine.
Last edited by ofrost on Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”