multilingual pretty url stuck

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
giggler
Forum Members
Forum Members

multilingual pretty url stuck

Post by giggler »

I was wondering if pretty url is suppose to work for the most recent 1.2.2 version of multilingual cmsms. It seem to be stuck in one language and can't toggle between two. The content is the same when you click on either although the path does have /es_ES/ and /en_US/

Does the .htaccess need to be written differently?

Code: Select all

#Rewrites page.shtml as index.php?page
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ index.php?page=$1 [QSA]

#Show mod_rewrite URLs in the menu? You must enable 'use_hierarchy' for this to work for modules
$config['assume_mod_rewrite'] = true;

#Extension to use if you're using mod_rewrite for pretty URLs.
$config['page_extension'] = 'html';

#If you don't use mod_rewrite, then would you like to use the built-in
#pretty url mechanism?  This will not work with IIS and the {metadata} tag
#should be in all of your templates before enabling.
$config['internal_pretty_urls'] = true;

#If you're using the internal pretty url mechanism or mod_rewrite, would you like to
#show urls in their hierarchy?  (ex. http://www.mysite.com/parent/parent/childpage)
$config['use_hierarchy'] = true;

#If using none of the above options, what should we be using for the query string
#variable?  (ex. http://www.mysite.com/index.php?page=somecontent)
$config['query_var'] = 'page';
Last edited by reneh on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alby

Re: multilingual pretty url stuck

Post by alby »

giggler wrote: I was wondering if pretty url is suppose to work for the most recent 1.2.2 version of multilingual cmsms. It seem to be stuck in one language and can't toggle between two. The content is the same when you click on either although the path does have /es_ES/ and /en_US/

Does the .htaccess need to be written differently?
Yes, this code don't work for MLE.
In 1.2.2 in doc foldere there is a modify default htaccess, uncomment MLE part (last row) and comment other rule

Alby
giggler
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by giggler »

EDIT:  if I am using a subdirectory, do I need to add the subdirectory name to this rewrite somewhere?

All the pages goes to "not found" and home link goes to the root homepage, not the subdirectory homepage.

I have this for RewriteBase now:

# Change to RewriteBase /cms/ if CMSMS is installed in this subdirectory
RewriteBase /cmsmle/
Right now, from home (english) and change language to spanish, it goes to "not found"
going to gallery does go to gallery, change language from there and it changes to spanish of the menu fine. Then click on About Us and it goes to the correct language About Us. Clicking Flag to english goes to "not found".

Spanish to english seem to work ok, english to spanish seem to have more problem, also seem like pages with content doesn't work for English, pages using module like Album and SimpleViewer actually changes the menu language.
Last edited by giggler on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giggler
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by giggler »

NEVERMIND!!! Thank you so much for your help. Everything works fine now.

Looks like I just had to rename the page alias of the content pages I had and any new pages I created works.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”