Multilanguage CMSMS MLE 1.2.1

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
alby

Multilanguage CMSMS MLE 1.2.1

Post by alby »

History changelog here

Release in forge
Diff file is VS CMSMS 1.2.1

For active language support to metadata and description field (extended) look to Visual tutorials

Alby
Last edited by alby on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
percusionista
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Multilanguage CMSMS MLE 1.2.1

Post by percusionista »

Hi Alby, it seems a good upgrade

I´ve deen visual tutorial, and now is much more easy to know what do do, and how to do.

I´ve seen now is possible to choose different global content blocks depending on language.

Some question arised seen it, ¿Can it be possible in this new versión to choose different image heads depending on language?

I know you alrready send me a post explaining how to do that, what I mean is the easy way I saw for clobal content, just click on flag, and set imge for header.

One more question, I'm adapting to CMSMS an multilanguage site, is there any possibility to set different permission for editors depending on language. It is a company and would be great if only a certain person or group could edit content only in one language.

I'm willing to install this new version, but first I need to resolve the problem I have to back up files, see this post.
http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.php/topic,17322.msg85700.html#msg85700

thank you for your job
alby

Post by alby »

percusionista wrote: I´ve seen now is possible to choose different global content blocks depending on language.

Some question arised seen it, ¿Can it be possible in this new versión to choose different image heads depending on language?

I know you alrready send me a post explaining how to do that, what I mean is the easy way I saw for clobal content, just click on flag, and set imge for header.
Bloated but yes, you can use a GBC for image only. For each language GBC include a image.

percusionista wrote: One more question, I'm adapting to CMSMS an multilanguage site, is there any possibility to set different permission for editors depending on language. It is a company and would be great if only a certain person or group could edit content only in one language.
No, CMSMS 1.X sets permission per page
In this case you must other methods.
Look to multilingual tree, here there is a tip

Alby
percusionista
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by percusionista »

thank you Alby.

It works great to use Global Content Block, curiously same idea arised in me and I used it before reading a post.

The only "little" problem comes when I try to insert also the link to homepage in head DIV in templates,

I'm doing like that in templates:

{* Start Header, with logo image that links to the default start page. Logo image is changed in the stylesheet  "For template: Left menu + 1 column" *}

{global_content name='header_image_lang'}

{cms_selflink dir="start" text="$sitename"} 

{* End Header *}
Because it is the only way it fits O.K. in header but without link to home page, If I do it in the way all header link it create some problems on mouse over around header, but it must be CSS properties that still are not really clean at all.

thank you
alby

Post by alby »

percusionista wrote: The only "little" problem comes when I try to insert also the link to homepage in head DIV in templates,
Because it is the only way it fits O.K. in header but without link to home page, If I do it in the way all header link it create some problems on mouse over around header, but it must be CSS properties that still are not really clean at all.
You can try: ...
and apply your style

Alby
percusionista
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by percusionista »

You can try: ...
and apply your style
great, simple and effective.

thank you
ottyscom
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ottyscom »

Hello Alby

Very Good Your Upgrade i have than installed it Succesfully.

A Question:

Can you make an adaptation for the album Module for your Multilanguage System? The is a Request.

Thank You!

Otty
alby

Post by alby »

ottyscom wrote: Very Good Your Upgrade i have than installed it Succesfully.

A Question:
Can you make an adaptation for the album Module for your Multilanguage System? The is a Request.
Hey, I am not developer of this project  :)

Next week I look this but it's not simple .... and patchs are for single release  :-\

Alby

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”