[SOLVED]What is wrong in Database set up for Multilingual?

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
percusionista
Forum Members
Forum Members

[SOLVED]What is wrong in Database set up for Multilingual?

Post by percusionista »

I´ve just trieb to run the 1,2 mle

flags and options to edit pages content appear, but only in english It was succesful, When I tried to edit in other language always appear the next: No Content given!

I think probably the error is the database setup, that's why I show you how I have them now so someone can say to me what is wrong.

as you can see I've tried with spanish, english, french and portuguese.

And this is my Config_lang.php
array(
'block'=>'es',
'flag'=>'',

),

'en_US' => array(
'block'=>'en',
'flag'=>'',
),

'fr_FR' => array(
'block'=>'fr',
'flag'=>'',
),

'pt_PT' => array(
'block'=>'pt',
'flag'=>'',
),

);
?>
Thank you to anyone who can help me ;D
Last edited by percusionista on Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
alby

Re: What is wrong in Database set up for Multilingual?

Post by alby »

percusionista wrote: flags and options to edit pages content appear, but only in english It was succesful, When I tried to edit in other language always appear the next: No Content given!

I think probably the error is the database setup, that's why I show you how I have them now so someone can say to me what is wrong.
Yes, but please don't double posts
Have you seen my prev post?

percusionista wrote: as you can see I've tried with spanish, english, french and portuguese.

Why you have modify this table?
You must modify (ALTER) content and htmlblobs table ONLY

Alby
percusionista
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by percusionista »

Hi Alby, sorry by duplicate post, it is the first time I use thit forum and I believed I had deleted one of them.
Why you have modify this table?
You must modify (ALTER) content and htmlblobs table ONLY
That was the way I undertood the instruction in README.FIRST
  INSERT INTO `cms_content_props` (`content_id`,`type`,`prop_name`,`param1`,`param2`,`param3`,`content`,`create_date`,`modified_date`)

SELECT `content_id`,`type`, 'content_it' ,`param1`,`param2`,`param3`,`content`,`create_date`,`modified_date`

FROM `cms_content_props` WHERE `prop_name` = 'content_en' AND `type` = 'string';

INSERT INTO `cms_content_props` (`content_id`,`type`,`prop_name`,`param1`,`param2`,`param3`,`content`,`create_date`,`modified_date`)

SELECT `content_id`,`type`, 'content_fr' ,`param1`,`param2`,`param3`,`content`,`create_date`,`modified_date`

FROM `cms_content_props` WHERE `prop_name` = 'content_en' AND `type` = 'string';

*** For info on II. and III.
I can see I was wrong

I've chanched back it all in the way Neelesh document explain

http://neeleshp.110mb.com/CMSMSMLE.doc

But the problem still go on

and now it is even worst, beacuse I can access backend, but when I submit view site I cannot see it, only a message in browser:
Not Found 404

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Do you need some more snapshots or even access my database, it is a test site by the momet

Thank you very much for your nice work and help
Last edited by percusionista on Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alby

Post by alby »

percusionista wrote: Hi Alby, sorry by duplicate post, it is the first time I use thit forum and I believed I had deleted one of them.

But the problem still go on

and now it is even worst, beacuse I can access backend, but when I submit view site I cannot see it, only a message in browser:
Not Found 404

The requested URL was not found on this server.
Do you need some more snapshots or even access my database, it is a test site by the momet
Ok, if this is a test site rewind to start:

- follow case B

- check functionality without switching MLE

- follow Neelesh document - (IMHO your tables are ok - no content_props - but transform from latin1_swedish_ci default to utf8_unicode_ci for better multilang)

- follow README.FIRST point II:
UPDATE `cms_content` SET `prop_names`= REPLACE(`prop_names`,'content_en','content_en,content_es,content_pt,content_fr') WHERE `prop_names` LIKE '%content_en%';

- rename config_lang.alby.php to config_lang.php (your config_lang.php is ok)

Alby
percusionista
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by percusionista »

Thank you Alby

Sorry but next quote point I don't understand what do you mean
follow README.FIRST point II:
UPDATE `cms_content` SET `prop_names`= REPLACE(`prop_names`,'content_en','content_en,content_es,content_pt,content_fr') WHERE `prop_names` LIKE '%content_en%';

You say to me this table  is O.K

but at the same time I read in that point II that is needed to do something more in that table but I dont see clear what do you mean. by

"SET `prop_names`=" or

"REPLACE(`prop_names`,'content_en','content_en,content_es,content_pt,content_fr')" is not that change alrready in that table?

"WHERE `prop_names` LIKE '%content_en%'" ,

I feel confused

Sorry but I'm very new in database.

Thank you by your help
Last edited by percusionista on Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alby

Post by alby »

percusionista wrote: Sorry but next quote point I don't understand what do you mean

You say to me this table  is O.K
Acc... sorry no it's wrong, I don't see well.
Modify only:

content_name ->
  content_name_en
  content_name_es
  content_name_pt
  content_name_fr

menu_text ->
  menu_text_en
  menu_text_es
  menu_text_pt
  menu_text_fr

STOP

Nothing content field

percusionista wrote:
follow README.FIRST point II:
This update (replace) in prop_names field from content_en (name of default content type property) to  content_en,content_es,content_pt,content_fr (your multilang content type properties)

Alby
percusionista
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by percusionista »

:(

Hi Alby Here I'm again

I'm new managing database and of course with PHPmyAdmin,

And I still tryng to do the last tip you said me

"This update (replace) in prop_names field from content_en (name of default content type property) to  content_en,content_es,content_pt,content_fr (your multilang content type properties)"

Do you mean inside the table cms_content, there is a field called prop_names and inside this field to  change the rows content_en (name of default content type property) to  content_en,content_es,content_pt,content_fr

If you mean that, I don't know how to do in MyPHPadmin. And I've tried my best,(any tutorial on the web?)

If you don´t mean that them I'm even more lost.

Sorry, In that area I need an "Guide to ignorant people"

Once more thank you
Last edited by percusionista on Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alby

Post by alby »

percusionista wrote:
"This update (replace) in prop_names field from content_en (name of default content type property) to  content_en,content_es,content_pt,content_fr (your multilang content type properties)"

Do you mean inside the table cms_content, there is a field called prop_names and inside this field to  change the rows content_en (name of default content type property) to  content_en,content_es,content_pt,content_fr

If you mean that, I don't know how to do in MyPHPadmin. And I've tried my best,(any tutorial on the web?)
Is the query in README.FIRST.
Apply in phpmyadmin SQL tab this query:
alby wrote: UPDATE `cms_content` SET `prop_names`= REPLACE(`prop_names`,'content_en','content_en,content_es,content_pt,content_fr') WHERE `prop_names` LIKE '%content_en%';
Alby
percusionista
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by percusionista »

Hi Alby

I'm having problems with this query, but I Think it is my problen by been newby in MyphpAdmin.

Anyway I will install all  it new, as you said me. and will try it again.

I hope the next time I write you is for say all it was O.K.

really thank you very much for your help

graze tanti o muchas gracias (soy español)
percusionista
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: [DONE]What is wrong in Database set up for Multilingual?

Post by percusionista »

Solved

I have reinstalled all again and now works O.K.

Great Job

Is there any forom special only for ML?

Shoul be great.
alby

Re: [DONE]What is wrong in Database set up for Multilingual?

Post by alby »

percusionista wrote: I have reinstalled all again and now works O.K.

Great Job

Is there any forom special only for ML?

Shoul be great.
No, there is howto and tips only (remember that there is multilingual in 2.0) with link in my signature.
There is an enhanced version (for test and response for new release with 1.2.1) here

Alby
Last edited by alby on Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”