Multilanguage CMSMS MLE version 1.2

This is a FORK of the CMS Made Simple project and is not oficially supported in any way by the CMS Made Simple development team.
alby

Re: NMS incompatibilty with CMS MLE?

Post by alby »

pgingao wrote: his there any known incompatibility between MLE and NMS ?
I have installed SVN NMS (1.0.2), checked permission and insert tag in template: {cms_module module='NMS'} but I have a warning only and output the form:
Warning: WARNING: NMS is not properly cleaning input params. in F:\xampplite\htdocs\lib\classes\class.module.inc.php on line 1516

No lists found to subscribe to
Email Address: alby
Uninstall, reupload whole module and reinstall

Alby
nuno

Re: Multilanguage CMSMS MLE version 1.2

Post by nuno »

his there any known incompatibility between MLE and NMS ?

I get this error in NMS when creating a nem message or when I click in "User settings" tab:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/pgingao/public_html/bcoach/modules/NMS/NMS.module.php on line 1613
I had the opportunity to help the pgingao why this solution is for the community at least in my case it worked.
In the attached file is the explanations +- in line 1600 is the only change content_name to content_name_YOURLANG where YOURLANG is eg. en is thus content_name_en
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

alby

Post by alby »

nuno wrote:
his there any known incompatibility between MLE and NMS ?

I get this error in NMS when creating a nem message or when I click in "User settings" tab:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/pgingao/public_html/bcoach/modules/NMS/NMS.module.php on line 1613
I had the opportunity to help the pgingao why this solution is for the community at least in my case it worked.
In the attached file is the explanations +- in line 1600 is the only change content_name to content_name_YOURLANG where YOURLANG is eg. en is thus content_name_en
Thanks  :D

but this, maybe - UNTESTED -, is better because it's valid for every lang:

change:
  $q = "SELECT content_id,content_name
                FROM ".cms_db_prefix()."content
              WHERE type = ?
                AND active = 1";
with:
  global $mleblock;
  $q = "SELECT content_id,content_name".$mleblock." as content_name
                FROM ".cms_db_prefix()."content
              WHERE type = ?
                AND active = 1";
Alby
Last edited by alby on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuno

Post by nuno »

Of curse Alby your solution is  Definitely better!!  ;)

I have one Question  Alby:
MLE is possible use pretty  url?
like http://coolsite.com/services/en_EN/ our something like that?
alby

Post by alby »

nuno wrote: Of curse Alby your solution is  Definitely better!!  ;)

I have one Question  Alby:
MLE is possible use pretty  url?
like http://coolsite.com/services/en_EN/ our something like that?

Yes:  http://coolsite.com/en_EN/services/
see official docs/htaccess, documentation and faq

and this post for change rule working with MLE

Please, report this if works that I include in next release (next week!)

Alby
ottyscom
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ottyscom »

Hello Alby,

I am very New here with tthe cms made simple and you ml edition was very great. So i have 2 Questions:

01.) I know to put flags on the web i have to put Tag {lang} But i like put the flags at the header at right. How i have tu put the tag so it will showen at right of my header?

02.) Exists a solution for the following? When a people visits my website with an browser configurated to regionalsettings Spain there will open the spanish site, when a german people open the website there will open automatically de german site.

How can i make this?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Otty
MrDuck

Post by MrDuck »

Hello,

I had a site running 1.06 CMSMS (single-language), and i need to get more langs support..following this: http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 318.0.html .. (second post,case C), well, it goes well, tull the STOP warning, when i check my site there, it has messed up encodings. When i tried that on testing server,it was just ok. Tried messing with encodings in DB and config,but with no clue found...any ideas? (there's utf-8 in config and utf_czech_ci tables...database is latin2 though, no idea why,not my work :P).
Please if anyone has an idea..it's pretty urgent.
alby

Post by alby »

ottyscom wrote: I am very New here with tthe cms made simple and you ml edition was very great. So i have 2 Questions:

01.) I know to put flags on the web i have to put Tag {lang} But i like put the flags at the header at right. How i have tu put the tag so it will showen at right of my header?
{lang} tag is a simple code for stamp html flags. Put this where you want in your template

ottyscom wrote: 02.) Exists a solution for the following? When a people visits my website with an browser configurated to regionalsettings Spain there will open the spanish site, when a german people open the website there will open automatically de german site.

How can i make this?
There is a automatic check of languages support of user browser. If a german user have a browser with german language (I think  :)), MLE display de_DE lang page

In this moment I work on Maxmind module for automatic check of IP country of user and not language browser (see a simple Geolocate hostip plugin in my signature)

Alby
alby

Post by alby »

MrDuck wrote: I had a site running 1.06 CMSMS (single-language), and i need to get more langs support..following this: http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 318.0.html .. (second post,case C), well, it goes well, tull the STOP warning, when i check my site there, it has messed up encodings. When i tried that on testing server,it was just ok. Tried messing with encodings in DB and config,but with no clue found...any ideas? (there's utf-8 in config and utf_czech_ci tables...database is latin2 though, no idea why,not my work :P).
Please if anyone has an idea..it's pretty urgent.
Hum... in my opinion is better utf8_unicode_ci but I don't use eastern languages
I think that you have a old DB backup  ::)

I suppose that your backup have DROP table command?

If yes, do a copy, search and replace with an editor last row of CREATE command with:
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;

For example:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `cms_additional_htmlblob_users` (
  `additional_htmlblob_users_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
  `user_id` int(11) default NULL,
  `htmlblob_id` int(11) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`additional_htmlblob_users_id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci;
import this backup, upgrade and check

Read this topic also

Good luck

Alby
ottyscom
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ottyscom »

Hello Alby,

I was intent 2 hours yesterday tu put the {lang} tag in the header of my page www.otschuster.com but i i can not make posible to show the flags at right in the orange free space. can you help me. I can send you the template code if you like. at other sections of the page is eaasy to put the {lang} flag but in header i can not. so i can not put another things in this space.

i have coopied the plugin file of your geoip plugin at the plugin folder of my web but the web is still showen in english. my browser and system is german and i live in spain. what is the problem? how can i show the page in the language of my broser or (with your plugin) in the language of my ip?

Thenak you in advance for your help

Otty
alby

Post by alby »

ottyscom wrote: I was intent 2 hours yesterday tu put the {lang} tag in the header of my page www.otschuster.com but i i can not make posible to show the flags at right in the orange free space. can you help me. I can send you the template code if you like. at other sections of the page is eaasy to put the {lang} flag but in header i can not. so i can not put another things in this space.
Better if you post a message in Layout and Design section, I am not a layout guru.
The tips is put 2 divs inner header section (add red code):

OTMAR SCHUSTER Online

{lang}

and in stylesheet:
div#header {
  height: 80px; /* adjust according your image size */
  background: #FF9933;
}

div#left-header h1 a {
/* you can set your own image here */
  background: #FF9933 url(images/cms/logo1.gif) no-repeat 0 12px;
  display: block;
  width: 600px;
  height: 80px;            /* adjust according your image size */
  text-indent: -999em;  /* this hides the text */
  text-decoration:none; /* old firefox would have shown underline for the link, this explicitly hides it */
}

div#right-header {
  background: #FF9933;
  width: 110px;
  height: 80px;
}
ottyscom wrote: i have coopied the plugin file of your geoip plugin at the plugin folder of my web but the web is still showen in english. my browser and system is german and i live in spain. what is the problem? how can i show the page in the language of my broser or (with your plugin) in the language of my ip?
MLE are not work with geolocate plugin (was an example of new module).
What are your browser lang (in FF: Tools > Options > Advanced > languages)?

Alby
ottyscom
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ottyscom »

Many Thanks!

My language settings in FF are: de_DE and es_ES in this order. But my Website will show in the last language i was edited the Content pages.
alby

Post by alby »

ottyscom wrote: Many Thanks!

My language settings in FF are: de_DE and es_ES in this order. But my Website will show in the last language i was edited the Content pages.
Yes, there is a cookie for save user setting ma it's same in admin backend.
I think of drop cookie in admin part (write in TODO)  :)

Alby
ottyscom
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ottyscom »

i have a big Problem about this.

When my website is visited from a browser or computer at the first the server will show an error:

NOT FOUND

The Server encountered an internal error or missconfiguration and was unable to complete your request

Corioosly when i visit the webpage for my browsers on my computer the website will shoen corectly without erro messages.

Who is the Problem? How can i solvent it?

Thank You
alby

Post by alby »

ottyscom wrote: i have a big Problem about this.

When my website is visited from a browser or computer at the first the server will show an error:

NOT FOUND

The Server encountered an internal error or missconfiguration and was unable to complete your request

Corioosly when i visit the webpage for my browsers on my computer the website will shoen corectly without erro messages.

Who is the Problem? How can i solvent it?

Thank You
Please, one post.
See here

Alby

Return to “[locked] CMSMS MLE fork”