CSS Framework

Do something cool with CMS? Show us ...
This board is for 'Answers', and the discussion of answers... Not for questions.
westis

Re: CSS Framework

Post by westis »

Hi kermit,

Yeah, we won't use YAML for the default templates. It would be nice to have some examples based on YAML for download from the Themes site later, however, or simply the HTML and CSS frameworks that YAML is using.

The other links you referred to are indeed very nice also, thanks for those links! The default layout for 0.12 is based on several sources and also has an elastic width layout.

:D
kermit
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: CSS Framework

Post by kermit »

westis wrote:
The other links you referred to are indeed very nice also, thanks for those links! The default layout for 0.12 is based on several sources and also has an elastic width layout.
i like the concept of the jello one on pie... fluid width but with limits... min width to keep things from getting scrunched too much (the primary annoyance with css only layouts), and a max width to keep things in check on large displays. it would help if ie wasn't so braindead.

my other 'ideal' layout would be one similar to the one i used frequently in the glory days of tables... fixed width columns of 600-160-200, changable on the fly to 760-200 for a wider content column. had a script that kept it the whole layout from growing too wide on large screens (if widths were allowed to be fluid). main content and navigation was in the first column (viewable at 640w), and as the client screen grew, they gained an extra column (or two) with secondary content and navigation.  have not figured out how to do this in css only though (it can be done with scripts, but i don't like to use them for accessibility reasons).
eternity (n); 1. infinite time, 2. a seemingly long or endless time, 3. the length of time it takes a frozen pizza to cook when you're starving.
4,930,000,000 (n); 1. a very large number, 2. the approximate world population in 1986 when Microsoft Corp issued its IPO. 3. Microsoft's net profit (USD) for the quarter (3 months) ending 31 March 2007.
CMSMS migration and setup services | Hosting with CMSMS installed and ready to go | PM me for Info

Return to “Tips and Tricks”