[done] Ongoing CMSMS maintenance and some custom PHP

A place to make for-pay "CMS made simple" job offerings
mmmedia

[done] Ongoing CMSMS maintenance and some custom PHP

Post by mmmedia »

Hi there community!

I'm a web designer / developer from New Zealand who has closed my business due to family commitments (new baby), and I am looking to assist one of my web clients to find a new web developer for ongoing changes and updates to a CMSMS website.

The website and client are New Zealand based, but unless I can find a competent NZ developer, I think anywhere in the world may still work.

The website itself is reasonably simple, but the owner *may* be looking at a redesign in future. The business creates custom wooden signs (property name / house name / business name etc.) and the most complex part of the website is a page which allows you to type in the text you'd like on your sign, and select from a couple of options (font / type of wood) and then view a generated image.

This was custom created by myself in PHP using the GD library, and I had a little trouble incorporating within the CMSMS site, but managed to achieve the goal - possibly not as cleanly as an advanced PHP developer would have done, but it's served well. This is a feature which the client and customers love, and will want some expansion in the future.

I can send a link to the website to any interested parties who would like to be considered for the work (PM me!). Please also feel free to ask any questions here. My experience with the client has always been very easygoing, pleasant, fair and reasonable. I know that they would prefer to sit down or Skype and discuss face to face the future of the site, so that's something to consider.

Skills that would be needed would be the usual HTML, CSS, CMSMS knowledge, and PHP experience with the GD library.

We've been through the handover process once before, but unfortunately the new developer wasn't suitable (client chose them themselves, not knowing about needed CMSMS knowledge etc) and it was rather a flop (cue entire site lost and emergency restore job by yours truly!) The job has now fallen to me to fond someone - anyone interested? :) :)
Last edited by mmmedia on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmmedia

Re: Ongoing CMSMS maintenance and some custom PHP / Design

Post by mmmedia »

Just a quick note to thank Pete for responding to this by PM, unfortunately CMSMS won't allow me to reply to PM's just yet? Would you please be able to drop me a quick email at marblemountainmedia@gmail.com, and I can reply with the details you're after.

Thanks! :)
mmmedia

Re: [done] Ongoing CMSMS maintenance and some custom PHP

Post by mmmedia »

Just a quick note to thank everyone who posted or emailed me about this. In the end, the site owner has engaged a local company to rebuild his website on a new system, and he has arranged ongoing maintenance himself. Unfortunately, no CMSMS developer is now needed, but thanks for checking this out!

Return to “Help Wanted (commercial)”