Forum Members
Forum Members

[done] Create a sum of values dynamic display checkbox group

Post by kkreitz »

Create a sum of values dynamic display in checkbox group in Form Builder:
Site is currently on cmsms 1.11.11
Form Builder 0.7.3

Here is what I am looking for:

When building the form I would like to be able to set the value of each checkbox group item then have the sum of these values displayed dynamically above the check box group. It would need to be able to add decimals i.e. .5 and whole numbers ie. 1

Inside the form on the website I would need a box displaying the sum of the check boxes above the specific checkbox group as they are being checked by the user. There will be more than one checkbox group in the form that will require this feature. I would also like to be able to create, or easily edit, the label for this “totals” box.

I am hoping this can be done with javascript and smarty code that I can place in the appropriate place in the Advanced Settings for each checkbox when creating it. If possible I would like a solution that has no modifications to the underlying CMS code that would require updating when upgrading.

If this cannot be done, or is easier and less expensive to do it as a separate checkbox and not in a checkbox group that is ok.

I would also like to look at a separate cost of being able to set for each checkbox group the max value of the displayed sum of boxes checked. For instance if there are three items with values 1, 1, .5 with a max value of 1.5 set, then when the user checks boxes that exceed 1.5 a message is displayed stating that they have exceeded the maximum number.

Example attached
Attachments
checkbox_example.jpg
Last edited by kkreitz on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Help Wanted (commercial)”