Custom Sample content to include with install of cmsms

A place to make for-pay "CMS made simple" job offerings
thealbertaguy

Custom Sample content to include with install of cmsms

Post by thealbertaguy »

I am looking to edit the content and use a custom template as the default installation of CMS Made Simple. Custom Global content blocks are also required. I have the template and the default content I would like to use. What are your thoughts?
Cheers
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Custom Sample content to include with install of cmsms

Post by calguy1000 »

i personally would create a 'clean' install just the way you wanted

Then create a backup of that install (clear the cache, create a mysqldump, and all files in a single .tar.gz/.zip file).

Then duplicating the site is as simple as:
a: setting up the domain
b: creating the database, and database user
c: restoring the backup
d: editing the config file to adjust database credentials and paths (paths should not be necessary these days).
e: (optional) remove the mysqldump file

All of the duplicate sites would be identical in every way (admin user names, passwords, email addresses, modules, gcb's, UDT's, templates, pages, plugins, images, etc).

If you are putting all of the duplicate 'skeleton' sites on similar servers, and you have SSH access, you could create a shell/php script to take care of steps c,d and e in one command.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
thealbertaguy

Post by thealbertaguy »

calguy1000 wrote:i personally would create a 'clean' install just the way you wanted

Then create a backup of that install (clear the cache, create a mysqldump, and all files in a single .tar.gz/.zip file).

Then duplicating the site is as simple as:
a: setting up the domain
b: creating the database, and database user
c: restoring the backup
d: editing the config file to adjust database credentials and paths (paths should not be necessary these days).
e: (optional) remove the mysqldump file

All of the duplicate sites would be identical in every way (admin user names, passwords, email addresses, modules, gcb's, UDT's, templates, pages, plugins, images, etc).

If you are putting all of the duplicate 'skeleton' sites on similar servers, and you have SSH access, you could create a shell/php script to take care of steps c,d and e in one command.
I'm looking to install this numerous times and the few minutes saved with each install would be worth it in my eyes. What steps need to be taken to accomplish this?
thealbertaguy

Post by thealbertaguy »

Is this too complicated to be done? I'm guessing that the files that contain the data would just need to be edited and I do not need to use the checksum feature.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

No it's not complicated at all. But you should know how to do it, because it's 'beyond scope' to explain this in detail.

Return to “Help Wanted (commercial)”