Development to solve a problem

A place to make for-pay "CMS made simple" job offerings
fearmydesign
Power Poster
Power Poster

Development to solve a problem

Post by fearmydesign »

Good morning everyone, I have a problem and I would like to get an estimate from a developer. This is NOT a CMSMS related issue (although it's a CMSMS website).

Problem
Like any other business, people find us online through search engines like Google & Bing. The problem is that we use a Dynamic Call tracking system on our website. The call tracking company provides a snippet of javascript code and what it does is that it replaces any phone number on the website, with one of their dynamic numbers. This allows us not only to record the conversation, but also to track what keyword was used on our website.
The problem becomes when people - who are already customers - search for the company name. They end up on our website and use one of the dynamic numbers to call, but this wastes our "monthly minutes".

Possible Solution
Is it possible to develop something on our website (CMSMS) that will also pick up on the keyword that was used to get to the site, and if it finds that the company name (or other combination of the same) was used, then it would just display the regular office number?

I can explain further if you IM me. Thank you
Rod
"Be careful who you step on your way up; because you never know who you'll meet on your way down!" - or something like that.
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Development to solve a problem

Post by velden »

I think those keywords nowadays are hard to find from the request.

Wouldn't the use of a cookie help. It would at least enable you to track returning visitors to some extend.

Return to “Help Wanted (commercial)”