Project Completed: Help needed with Menu Module and CSS - Small project

A place to make for-pay "CMS made simple" job offerings
emt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Project Completed: Help needed with Menu Module and CSS - Small project

Post by emt »

Just built a new site with CMSMS and the designer/developer I used is new to CMSMS and doesn't undertand the menu module well enough to handle this change.

Menu is a vertical menu on left. When parent is click, sub-pages expand below parent. Client wants them to pop to right when you hover.

So I need someone who understands the Menu Module and CSS to get things the way the client wants them.

This is a small project - to fix and then explain the fix to me. Probably an hour or so.

Thank you,
Marshall
Last edited by emt on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
emt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Help needed with Menu Module and CSS - Very small project

Post by emt »

Yes, I know. But I still need help.
KO
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Help needed with Menu Module and CSS - Small project

Post by KO »

What do you need?

br, K
emt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Help needed with Menu Module and CSS - Small project

Post by emt »

I need someone to modify the menu on a website to change the way the menu works. I'm not sure if this is CSS or Smarty logic or some other code. I know the menu system can do it, I've seen one of the templates that's included do it. Just not sure how to get from here to there.

Currently when you click a parent the sub-pages expand below. Client wants to hover on parent and sub-pages pop out to right.

So I need someone who knows the Menu Module. I can provide specifics if you send me a message.

I just don't know the menu system well enough to do it and my developer is new to CMSMS and is complaining about the time it would take to learn (boo hoo).

I'm working on this myself, and given a few more days may figure it out. But if someone is willing to help, I'm ready to pay to get it done faster.

Marshall
Last edited by emt on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Project Completed: Help needed with Menu Module and CSS - Small project

Post by emt »

Thank you to KO for the great job!
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Maybe you could share your menumanager template, and any related javascripty code with the rest of us?
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
KO
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by KO »

Sure! But there is very little involved to get it working.

You don't need any special menu template cause pretty much any standerd template can be tuned with CSS. And the best way to do that is exactly same as in CSS menu templates that come with default install with li:hover. Unfortunately that does not work in IE6 so some special javascript need to be used for that. Default CSS templates js change class name for something else (menuparenth or something like that) that has different css rules which is cool as most likely you have to fix things for IE6 anyways.

The thing what I did different was to use javascript that actually makes inside visible when hovered over that . Same as li:hover does in any other modern browser. JS attached with credits to original author. This js looks ID "navi" so you surround your navi call with or something else matching in js. I believe you could also match ul# of your menu template in js and it does the same.

Hope this helps...
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Return to “Help Wanted (commercial)”