Need to upgrade a simple plugin to V2

A place to make for-pay "CMS made simple" job offerings
SpringSummer
Forum Members
Forum Members

Need to upgrade a simple plugin to V2

Post by SpringSummer »

Hello I have an old List Children plug-in that stopped working due to Smarty changes to version 2. of CMSMS. I need someone to spend a little time (paid) to change the code to conform to current Smarty requirements.
Payment via Paypal. Send PM with proposed rate for the project. I may have another plugin or two to fix as well.

Code: Select all

global $gCms;
$manager =& $gCms->GetHierarchyManager();
$thisPage = $gCms->variables['page_name'];
$currentNode = &$manager->sureGetNodeByAlias($thisPage);

$nodes = $currentNode->getChildren();

if ($currentNode->hasChildren()) {
  echo '<ul class="sectionlinks">';
  foreach ($nodes as $node) {
     $content= $node->getContent();
     $url = $content->GetURL();
    if ($url == "#") { /* section header has no link by default */
      $url = "index.php?page=".$content->Alias();
    }
    echo "<li><a href=\"".$url."\">".$content->MenuText()."</a> </li>";

}
  echo "</ul>";
}
This code makes a listing of sub-children of the page (navigation wise), shown parent page whereever this is placed.
Curious2

Re: Need to upgrade a simple plugin to V2

Post by Curious2 »

Send PMs to this account. I lost e-mail password for the older account, so I won't see your PM there.
I would prefer seasoned developers answering first. I don't want to see someone with 50 forum posts total.
Last edited by Curious2 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nan11

Post by nan11 »

I am interested to help you with this. Please PM me your email contact details.

Thanks
Curious2

Post by Curious2 »

You don't meet the requirements of having 50 forum posts. I am not interested in a lurker who has no deep knowledge about CMSMS. Try to invest in the community first before snatching coding jobs.
Curious2

Post by Curious2 »

Folks,
I had a few UDTs which stopped working when upgrading CMSMS from 1.8 to 2.2.
Velden
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=61031
was able to help me out. His rate was acceptable, and his knowledge, and ability to help, and quality and amount of support provided were superb!
I used to be active on the forum 10 years ago, back then there were developers all over the forum. Now I can't trust any leechers here with few forum posts. Yeah sure everyone claims to know PHP these days, but what do they know of CMSMS and Smarty and CMSMS-related knowlege and experience???????
Velden is super! Besides being a good programmer, he is also a CMSMS dev, so he has superb knowledge of CMSMS internals. In my case, Smarty statements obviously changed from 1.8 to 2.2.
All working now!
If Velden is too busy or your request is outside of his specialty (whatever that is... maybe he knows everything???), you can also request help from CMSMS team:
https://www.cmsmadesimple.org/support/hire-a-dev

Unfortunately, too much changed since CMSMS 1.8. A whole bunch of things break on upgrade, and worse yet, a number of extensions/modules are long obsolete due to not being maintained for CMSMS 2.2 and recent PHP versions.
At this point, doing a CMSMS upgrade without a developer is waaay too risky. DO NOT attempt an upgrade without having multiple tested backups in place (file-copy to another folder name, tar archive, etc. Database export. Etc). And then DO NOT upgrade a production website. Clone its folder structure and database, and upgrade the clone (aka "development server"). Only when you are happy with results would you EVER touch live production website! (Alternatively, leave old version as-is as a backup, and just re-point your domain name to the upgraded "developmental" folder, assuming there were no content additions to your website between the two).
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Rolf »

This code makes a listing of sub-children of the page (navigation wise), shown parent page whereever this is placed.
No need for a UDT, this does the trick in any page:

{Navigator childrenof=$page_alias}
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
Curious2

Post by Curious2 »

Rolf wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:15 pm
No need for a UDT, this does the trick in any page:

{Navigator childrenof=$page_alias}
Rolf,
Thank you! Yes, Velden was referring to Navigator being able to do this same task, but he did not provide exact code like you did, so thanks for that! But I also had a few other UDTs (doing similar basic tasks) that I had similar issues with. All UDTs were converted to run with 2.2, and I will try to put both old and new versions in the Forge in case anyone else is interested in these basic utilities. They do:
  • List children of current page as an HTML list of links
    Tell me how many active pages are on the website
    Report which pages are missing META data (more precisely, have "default" META description)
    Lists which pages were recently created (clickable listing of links).
If there are already utilities that do these tasks, let me know!

Return to “Help Wanted (commercial)”