Error: at line 702 in file

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
Spillo89

Error: at line 702 in file

Post by Spillo89 »

Hello fellas, My client give me the opportunity to manage his site, made with cmsmadesimple. I downloaded from the server and configured to work on windows with xamp, all works well but when i try to reach the site, an error appear:
Error: at line 702 in file C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\lamaisonquotidienne.it\lib\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php

Code: Select all

Syntax Error in template "tpl_body:24"  on line 143 "<p>{breadcrumbs delimiter=">"}</p>" unknown tag "breadcrumbs"

#0 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\lamaisonquotidienne.it\lib\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(488): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error('unknown tag "br...', 143)
#1 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\lamaisonquotidienne.it\lib\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templateparser.php(2388): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->compileTag('breadcrumbs', Array)
#2 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\lamaisonquotidienne.it\lib\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3101): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_r36()
#3 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\lamaisonquotidienne.it\lib\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3201): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_reduce(36)
#4 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\lamaisonquotidienne.it\lib\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.php(105): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->doParse(10, '</p>\r\n  </div>\r...')
#5 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\lamaisonquotidienne.it\lib\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(192): Smarty_Internal_SmartyTemplateCompiler->doCompile('\r\n\r\n<body>\r\n\r\n<...')
#6 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\lamaisonquotidienne.it\lib\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_template.php(187): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->compileTemplate(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template))
#7 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\lamaisonquotidienne.it\lib\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php(155): Smarty_Internal_Template->compileTemplateSource()
#8 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\lamaisonquotidienne.it\lib\classes\class.Smarty_CMS.php(323): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('tpl_body:24', 'p15', NULL, NULL, false, false, false)
#9 C:\xampp\htdocs\dev\lamaisonquotidienne.it\index.php(239): Smarty_CMS->fetch('tpl_body:24')
#10 {main}
I never used cmsmadesimple and i can't figure where is the problem. could someone explain me what i'm missing?

tankyou all
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Error: at line 702 in file

Post by paulbaker »

You don't say what version you are using but breadcrumbs was removed a while ago, see:

https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/tags/cms ... readcrumbs

So replace that tag. If you need further help please post the full system info (see my signature for how).
To copy System Information to the forum:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

CMS Made Simple Geekmoots attended:
Nottingham, UK 2012 | Ghent, Belgium 2015 | Leicester, UK 2016
Spillo89

Post by Spillo89 »

Actually here my version.php

<?php
#CMS - CMS Made Simple
#(c)2004-2011 by Ted Kulp (ted@cmsmadesimple.org)
#This project's homepage is: http://www.cmsmadesimple.org
#
#This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
#it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
#the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
#(at your option) any later version.

#This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
#but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
#MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
#GNU General Public License for more details.
#You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
#along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
#Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA
#
#$Id: version.php 8745 2013-04-06 00:44:51Z calguy1000 $

$CMS_VERSION = "1.11.6";
$CMS_VERSION_NAME = "Merchena";
$CMS_SCHEMA_VERSION = "36";

define('CMS_VERSION', $CMS_VERSION);
define('CMS_VERSION_NAME', $CMS_VERSION_NAME);
define('CMS_SCHEMA_VERSION', $CMS_SCHEMA_VERSION);

# vim:ts=4 sw=4 noet
?>
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by paulbaker »

That is your version.php file, not what we need, but at least it tells us you are using an out of date version. You need to upgrade once you are up and running.

Look in templates for a breadcrumbs tag and replace it as the link I posted explained.

And post the full system info (see my signature for how).

Spillo89

Post by Spillo89 »

I replaced the whole {breadcrumbs} with {nav_breadcrumbs} in the all directory of the project, but nothing happened. Same error and same bug.
Then i tried to go in admin section but another error occured. I don't get why those errors doesn't appear online.
Attachments
Immagine.png
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

That's a very old version of CMSMS, perhaps your PHP version is too new for it?

Also, make sure the cache is empty, if you can't get to the admin panel to clear it automatically you can delete everything in /tmp/cache and /tmp/templates_c

Changing {breadcrumbs} to {nav_breadcrumbs} won't work until you're on version 2.x, so for now any tag giving you issues you should just comment out by changing it to {*breadcrumbs*}, for example.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by paulbaker »

Thanks for the correction about {breadcrumbs} digi3

Spillo89

Post by Spillo89 »

thank you a lot for the answers. there's a way to update the cms without blow up something? XD
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/upgradin ... ons#1.10.3

Follow along to get to 1.12.1, then proceed to 2.x. Back up first, and back up again after you get a working 1.12.1 site in case you have to go back to it.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
Spillo89

Post by Spillo89 »

No, actually i cleaned the chache, i used the private windows, but still i can't login in my admin section(on localhost). I have to do online and then download the updated version?

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”