Upgrade process stopped at "Database Work"

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
urheat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by urheat »

Hi,

I tried to upgrade from 2.1.6 to 2.2.2. Installation stopped at step 8.

- Tried with both Chrome and Firefox
- Tried with ?debug=1 but didn’t see any error messages on the page and installation stopped again at step 8. Not sure if the server blocks those...?
- Tried also 2.2.
- Have two other sites in the same server and they updated fine
- I can view the 300 error logs, but it’s empty
- Even the upgrade process stopped, the site actually works. Only thing I noticed was that if I try to install modules, I get an error message that says that I should upgrade CMSMS to latest version.
- Site info attached

Please, don’t move (again) this topic to some not so meaningful area. If you need more information, please ask, and I’ll give it to you. I don’t really know what to try next. And maybe there are other users who have the same problem and need of could help.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Upgrade process stopped at "Database Work"

Post by DIGI3 »

I've tried to recreate this with several 2.1.6 > 2.2.2 upgrades and various module installs and combinations, but haven't run into any problems. It could be specific to your server, a corrupt or missing file, a specific upgrade path (what version was the site originally, and how has it progressed over time), or anything else.

If you're able to send me a package of the 2.1.6 site (files + db) I could try upgrading it on my server. You can PM me a dropbox link or something.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Was fairly easy to diagnose after reading the error log:

Code: Select all

[13-Aug-2017 17:29:42 UTC] PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/mhornsby/test/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/mhornsby/test/include.php on line 85'
[13-Aug-2017 17:29:42 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/mhornsby/test/version.php' (include_path='phar:///home/mhornsby/test/cmsms-2.2.2-install.php:.:/opt/alt/php71/usr/share/pear') in /home/mhornsby/test/include.php on line 85 
The include.php file in the root directory was leftover from an old version, most likely at one point you restored from a backup into an existing install rather than a clean folder, or an earlier upgrade failed to remove it for some reason (this has never been reported as a problem, so most likely the former.)

Delete/rename the include.php file from the root directory, and try the upgrade again. It is important to have your error logging set up correctly!
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
urheat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by urheat »

Thanks Digi3, I'll delete the file and try again.
AaronDuh

Post by AaronDuh »

Same issue with my setup. I scanned the entire database for the ids stated in the error message, and cant find the records in the database. Any idea what the ids refer to?
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

AaronDuh wrote:Same issue with my setup. I scanned the entire database for the ids stated in the error message, and cant find the records in the database. Any idea what the ids refer to?
What do you mean?... nothing in the solution to this issue had to do with ids but with file leftovers...
If this is not the same issue, open a new topic instead of hijacking other peoples' posts.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”