Upgrading problem 1.11.2.1 "Isabela" to 2.x

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
benwinie
Forum Members
Forum Members

Upgrading problem 1.11.2.1 "Isabela" to 2.x

Post by benwinie »

I have copied the website and database to a test environment http://ufptest.efca.net (also renamed the database and adjusted the config.php to reflect the changes). I uploaded cmsms-2.0-install.php.
This is the error message that I get now ::)

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PharException' with message 'phar "/var/www/vhosts/efca.net/ufptest.efca.net/cmsms-2.0-install.php" SHA1 signature could not be verified: broken signature' in /var/www/vhosts/efca.net/ufptest.efca.net/cmsms-2.0-install.php:8 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/vhosts/efca.net/ufptest.efca.net/cmsms-2.0-install.php(8): Phar::webPhar(NULL, 'index.php') #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/vhosts/efca.net/ufptest.efca.net/cmsms-2.0-install.php on line 8

This was solved by uploading the install file via the control panel rather than via Filezilla. Anyhow, next problem is that it seems that I cannot upgrade from Isabela to 2.0

Although an installation of CMS Made Simple was found, it is not possible to upgrade this version using this application. The version may be too old.
Your current working directory: /VAR/WWW/VHOSTS/EFCA.NET/UFPTEST.EFCA.NET
Your version: 1.11.2.1 (ISABELA)
Database Schema version: 36
Approximate installation date: 10/30/2012

So how can I upgrade? (I will try first to go to 1.12.2 now)

Thanks
Last edited by benwinie on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Upgrading problem 1.11.2.1 "Isabela" to 2.x

Post by calguy1000 »

a: You must upgrade to CMSMS 1.12.x (Minimum) before you upgrade to 2.x
b: The phar installer (even though the file has a .php extension) is a binary file. and must be transferred in binary.
Please read the README file that is included.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
benwinie
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by benwinie »

Ok I upgraded to 1.12 and subsequently to 2.0. Everything went smoothly. However, the website is not show because
Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: Plugin "form_label" not callable <-- thrown in /var/www/vhosts/efca.net/ufptest.efca.net/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 431

Cannot access the ADMIN panel either. ???

So... can I ask for a next suggestion how to solve this ? smarty_internal_templatebase as TXT is attached in case that is the problem

Thanks! ;)
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

You apparently had a plugin called 'form_label' that was installed to a non-standard location.

You will need to find the function.form_label.php file from within your backup and then copy it to your plugins folder (2.0 and 2.1) or into /assets/plugins in 2.2.x and beyond.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
benwinie
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by benwinie »

No a plugin called 'form_label' but I cannot upgrade the Formbuilder from 0.8 to 0.8.1.6 and within CMS 1.12 this is the only module that can be upgraded
Name Version Status
CMSForms 1.11.2 Installed
CMSMailer 5.2.14 Installed
Has Dependents (FormBuilder)
CMSPrinting 1.0.5 Installed
FCKeditorX 1.1.0 Installed
FileManager 1.5 Installed
Has Dependents (MicroTiny)
FormBuilder 0.8 Installed
MenuManager 1.50 Installed
MicroTiny 2.0 Installed
ModuleManager 2.0 Installed
News 2.50 Installed
Search 1.50 Installed
Showtime 3.3 Not Installed

Showtime2 3.5.4 Not Installed

ThemeManager 1.1.8 Installed
TinyMCE 2.9.12 Installed

Any other thought?
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by Jo Morg »

benwinie wrote:No a plugin called 'form_label' but I cannot upgrade the Formbuilder from 0.8 to 0.8.1.6 and within CMS 1.12 this is the only module that can be upgraded
Not sure what you mean by that... I have made quite a huge number of upgrades and no issues with FormBuilder. You can even leave it for last, it won't break the site.

You have however a few outdated modules that won't work in CMSMS 2.x: CMSForms 1.11.2, FCKeditorX to name the ones I know. IIRC CMSForms register a number of smarty plugins being form_label on of them. remove these modules before upgrade, or try to rename the folder of the modules to deactivate them (although this is not so clean)... The upgrade will probably work fine then.

You should have searched a bit for which modules are CMSMS 2 ready: the forge has a tag to list them - CMSMS-2.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
benwinie
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by benwinie »

Thanks for the feedback. Somehow the Modulemanager does not indicate that newer version that what I have installed are available. And http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/project/list/module does also not show a newer release for CMS Forms 1.11.2.. FCKeditor is not even listed :-(

So I guess I should try your suggestions of uninstalling a couple of modules. And try again.. Tried to find information on conflict when upgrading to 2.x and modules that need to be updated but was not (yet) successful ::)

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”