2.2.2 Installer issues

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
markS
Forum Members
Forum Members

2.2.2 Installer issues

Post by markS »

Hello,

I've just tried to install 2.2.2 over an existing 2.2.1 installation. The installer worked fine, although it asked me again for database credentials which seems a bit unnecessary to me(advanced mode).

Anyway, the Micro Tiny module in 2.2.2 appears to be missing a great number of plugins and updating causes those plugins to disappear, breaking editing.

Here's what's in the phar or expanded zip files.

2.2.2 /modules/MicroTiny/lib/js/tinymce/plugins:

cmsms_filepicker
cmsms_linker
mailto
table

2.2.1 /modules/MicroTiny/lib/js/tinymce/plugins:

anchor
autolink
charmap
cmsms_filepicker
cmsms_linker
code
fullscreen
hr
insertdatetime
link
mailto
media
paste
searchreplace
table
wordcount

I've had to replace the plugins folder with the previous version in order to fix editing, fortunately this is only a development site and not live.

Anyone else seen these issues?

Regards,

Mark.
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: 2.2.2 Installer issues

Post by Rolf »

markS wrote:I've just tried to install 2.2.2 over an existing 2.2.1 installation. The installer worked fine, although it asked me again for database credentials which seems a bit unnecessary to me(advanced mode)
This is done intentionally, because when you forget to delete the PHAR installer file a bad guy (or girl) can use it to get access to your website/database! So, it's an important security feature.
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
markS
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by markS »

Hello,

Re installer asking for credentials: I see your point.

I've had a significant fight with the MicroTiny editor and it appears that my issue was with some fairly aggressive caching at the browser end rather than anything else.

I usually use Safari for most of my work and I find that it 'over' caches items causing weird behaviour, Chrome behaves similarly too. This was after I had cleared the cache within cmsms and it still appeared to be referencing the initialisation script for tinymce from an earlier version and looking for plugins that it no longer needed/were installed.

Force emptying the caches from the developer menu seems to have resolved the issue.

Regards,

Mark.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

As of 2.2.2, there's an .htaccess in the admin folder to explicitly set no caching for all admin files. This will hopefully reduce these sorts of issues.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”