Template fresh install 2.2.2

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
pcp20us

Template fresh install 2.2.2

Post by pcp20us »

Hi i have cmsms version 1.12 which i am using a template which i found on the net called grass stains, however it is not writting in the proper way template are written.

The grass stain theme will not work on later versions. it upgrading themes to no avail.
So i have a fresh 2.2.2 install on my test server.
decided I need an out of the box theme that i can tweak.

Question How do i simply change the overall theme of the site to one of the preinstalled themes.

ON version 1.12 there is a layout> theme manager to change the theme

I can only seem to change the layout for individual pages under content>content manager.

I would assume you would change the whole layout under layout>design manager..

I think i am misunderstanding something, as i cannot find any info on cmsms site on how to do this.

Any help aprreciated. O0
PinkElephant
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Template fresh install 2.2.2

Post by PinkElephant »

Hi pcp20us

You'll need to create the design/templates first, then...
pcp20us wrote:I can only seem to change the layout for individual pages under content>content manager.
... there's a bulk-action under Content Manager; select multiple/all pages and 'With selected' : 'Set Design and Template'. Note the warning though;
This operation can have undesired side effects, please exercise extreme caution
To be prudent I'm assuming this means that content is permanently destroyed when you switch templates and, say, remove named content blocks. No issue on a new install but definitely a good time to backup. Worth trying on a single page - especially if you have complex data structures - before going for all-out change.
pcp20us

Post by pcp20us »

Hi.

Thanks for that info.

I have setup wamp on my w10 laptop to run a local server to test my upgrade process.

My live site is running cmsms 1.12 I have copied this to my wamp setup server. It gives the following errors see below. I thought it to be a permission error but i still see the message after removing read only from everything and clearing cache in sys admin.

Is there some config i need to do on wamp to get this working or is it some other problem?

Thanks

Error: at line 74 in file D:\wamp64\www\cmsms\lib\smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_write_file.php:

unable to write file D:\wamp64\www\cmsms\tmp\templates_c\7ba916753bd907ec899cb9fa4f6e1cd3^e1a8b2495a14c851e8fe039c4e4c330e1031b1dd.module_db_tpl.MenuManager;GrassStains : theme : CSSmenuhoriz1.php
PinkElephant
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by PinkElephant »

I'd be tempted to uninstall the Menu Manager and port everything to Navigator under the 2.2.2 test environment. At least you could fully test your Design(s).

(If there's an underlying file-write/permission issue that'll obviously need dealing with).
pcp20us

Post by pcp20us »

I am still running 1.12 to sort stuff out. I found the CGContentUtils which allows you to export your pages. However installing this module, breaks my site.... My plan was to export pages then import pages into a fresh install. But back to square one again.

Mans cmsms is certainly not seemless. Would be nice to get some help from support?

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”