2.2 Upgrade: unhandled notification about installer php

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
postiffm
Forum Members
Forum Members

2.2 Upgrade: unhandled notification about installer php

Post by postiffm »

After installing, I see one unhandled notification in the upper right of my CMSMS admin panel.

Security Issue
Warning: The installation assistant file: cmsms-2.2-install.php still exists in the root directory. As this could potentially be a security vulnerability, please delete it.

Thing is, when I first saw that notification, I deleted the installer php file. Logged out. Logged back in. Notification remains. I would expect it to disappear on the next refresh of the screen, or certainly after logging out.

Cleared cache, logged out and back in, it remains.

So now I see that I have to click the red x in the upper right of that notification description window and then it goes away. That was not the behavior I expected.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: 2.2 Upgrade: unhandled notification about installer php

Post by calguy1000 »

That is the expected behavior.

The notifications in 2.2 are completely different from the alerts that were in prior versions. Notifications are stored in the database, and must be explicitly deleted

In this case it is a notification that a test failed. The test runs on a regular interval, asynchronously and if it fails a notification is stored in the database. The notification does not get deleted from the database till you remove it.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”