Upgrade from 1.9.1 (Toopua) to the recent release

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
euromade
Forum Members
Forum Members

Upgrade from 1.9.1 (Toopua) to the recent release

Post by euromade »

Hi, looking for some ideas regarding my upgrade path...

QUESTIONS:

Is there a direct upgrade path to bring the 1.9.1 to the latest CMS release?

(I have a somewhat extensive database of corporate policies riding on a somewhat outdated release of Linux; therefore I need to import data/database)

Technically, I'm dealing with the OS update and CMS update, so:

1. If I setup a new server with the latest OS release and install the latest CMS can I simply import the old SQL and CMS settings?

2. If option one is not feasible, can I update the current version of CMS from 1.9.1 on the old server (running Ubuntu 10.04) to the latest version of CMS, and then migrate the CMS to the latest release of Ubuntu.
Thanks for your input!
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Upgrade from 1.9.1 (Toopua) to the recent release

Post by velden »

https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/old-versions

Needless to say (I hope): make sure you have a working backup of files and database.
1. If I setup a new server with the latest OS release and install the latest CMS can I simply import the old SQL and CMS settings?
Absolutely not.
2. If option one is not feasible, can I update the current version of CMS from 1.9.1 on the old server (running Ubuntu 10.04) to the latest version of CMS, and then migrate the CMS to the latest release of Ubuntu.
If your system meets the requirements for the latest version of CMSMS and the installed 3rd party modules this would likely be possible.

Moving a CMSMS installation from one server to another usually is pretty straight forward. Of course the new environment must meet the requirements too.

https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/moving

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”