500 - Internal server error

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
Nettie
Forum Members
Forum Members

500 - Internal server error

Post by Nettie »

I have installed two new fresh versions of 1.11.2 and get a random 500 - Internal server error in front end when choosing a page in the menu.

The error message appears on each item in the menu - but only every now and then. I didn't change any settings or do anything to the installed version.

I tried different standard templates, and get the same issues on all of them.

The sites are installed on a IIS server. I have serveral sites running on the server that i havent upgraded to the new version yet. There are no problems with them.

What can I do to figure out where the error appear?

The error i get:

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
flmm
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: 500 - Internal server error

Post by flmm »

Check the log file for the error (apache log). Can be a lot of things. Most of the 500 error I had in the past were caused by mod_security. In the logs you see that mod_security blocked the page than.

You can also use the webdeveloper in Chrome (F12 or Command + Alt + i on Mac). There you go to the Network tab, refresh the page, and you are able to see what is loaded, and what not.

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”