How to change the users table

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
epuppet

How to change the users table

Post by epuppet »

I want to change the users table to accounts What files or folder of files will I need to change? I have google'd and searched in the forums.
cms ver: 1.11.1
PHP ver: 5.2.17
mysql ver: 5.1.63
Apache: Unknown
Linux Kernel: 2.6.32.36
Dr.CSS

Re: How to change the users table

Post by Dr.CSS »

epuppet

Post by epuppet »

Read that first, and there really isn't any other way I know to explain what im trying to do.

I want to install cmsmadesimple and have it use a different table then the (prefix)_users.

For example have CMS use (prefix)_accounts instead.

Of course account and users would have the same structure & data just a different table
zigge
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by zigge »

epuppet wrote:
Read that first, and there really isn't any other way I know to explain what im trying to do.

I want to install cmsmadesimple and have it use a different table then the (prefix)_users.

For example have CMS use (prefix)_accounts instead.

Of course account and users would have the same structure & data just a different table
To do this you would mess with the core of CMSMS, and I really do not see why you would like to do that, since any future upgrade to the core would wreck your installation.

It would be interesting to know what you are trying to achieve or the reason for using a different name on the table. Are you trying to do something that a module could solve, like the Front End Users module?
spcherub
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by spcherub »

If you need to access the users table via some other system and the name "accounts" is hard coded there, why not create a view called [prefix]_accounts that points to the [prefix]_users table?

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”