install +E_deprecated in php.ini [solved]

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
samj
Forum Members
Forum Members

install +E_deprecated in php.ini [solved]

Post by samj »

Note: Angrily shut down the PC for 6 hours after losing 5 hours; upon restart the error message disappeared. This is about the 4th time, at least, when one setting or another does not take for a while - even with a reboot >> vista & Xampp maybe ???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

trying to install CMSms (v 1.9.4.1) a second time for a different site in the same directory as the first one, on a vista/wampp home dev setup.
Path:C:\xampp\htdocs\site_one\
C:\xampp\htdocs\site_two\

Although I set error reporting to "Off" in php.ini for the install procedure, I keep getting "E_DEPRECATED is enabled" with a big fat X. It appears that the install "procedure" does not see the changes in php.ini.Is it possible for the install routine to look into website_one folder instead of website_two or maybe there is a cached version somewhere?

In addition: tried error reporting combinations with/without E_deprecated.
cleared cache in browser
turned xampp on/off

With site_one I remember a similar issue with an E_DEPRECATED ERROR, but I believe that changing the error_reporting setting to something else allowed the continuation of the install the first time around. Not this time.

thanks

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”