[SOLVED] CMSMS 1.6 : localhost install problem

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
twingoeasy

[SOLVED] CMSMS 1.6 : localhost install problem

Post by twingoeasy »

I tried to install CMSMS 1.6 (and also 1.5.4) on a local PC under Windows XP(SP3)
But during all installation steps I got Tons of error messages like those :
-------------------------
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in

Warning: Parameter 1 to cms_module_Lang() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.module.inc.php on line 2154

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\install\lib\classes\CMSInstallPage6.class.php on line 90

---------------------------

Which are , I assume not good news.
Would you have any Idear of their origin ????

Here are some infos about my environnement :
================================================

Wamp server downloaded = WAMPSERVER2.0
Apache server = 2.2.11
PHP               = 5.3
MySQL           = 5.1.36

CMSMS           = 1.6
 (I also tried 1.5.4 but with similar errors...)
================================================

In advance many thanks for your help
Last edited by twingoeasy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: CMSMS 1.6 : localhost install problem

Post by calguy1000 »

turn off E_STRICT.... we don't support E_STRICT, due to php4 support
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
Dee
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Dee »

calguy1000 wrote: turn off E_STRICT.... we don't support E_STRICT, due to php4 support
That is, in your php.ini file, change the error_reporting directive to something like
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
Regards,
D
twingoeasy

Post by twingoeasy »

Hello ..Thanks for your quick answer ....
However ..
despite  I plugged (as suggested in your answers ...) the following line:
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
into the following file :
C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\php.ini

I am stiil having the lots of msg's like :
====================================
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\include.php on line 73

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\include.php on line 162

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\include.php on line 240

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\include.php on line 62

Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\include.php on line 252

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.global.inc.php on line 184

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.global.inc.php on line 196

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.global.inc.php on line 208

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.global.inc.php on line 221

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.global.inc.php on line 234

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.global.inc.php on line 246

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.global.inc.php on line 258

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.global.inc.php on line 270

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.global.inc.php on line 282

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.global.inc.php on line 294

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.global.inc.php on line 316

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.moduleloader.inc.php on line 69

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.moduleloader.inc.php on line 129

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.module.inc.php on line 326

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.module.inc.php on line 540

Warning: Parameter 1 to cms_module_Lang() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.module.inc.php on line 2120

Warning: Parameter 1 to cms_module_Lang() expected to be a reference, value given in C:\wamp\www\CMSMS-essai\lib\classes\class.module.inc.php on line 2120

=============================================================

I am desperate !!!!

Dee
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Dee »

Make sure you have the right ini file, create a page containing

Code: Select all

<?php
phpinfo();
?>
and check the Loaded Configuration File. Apache probably uses a php.ini from another directory.
Also be sure to restart your webserver.

Regards,
D
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Or try XAMPP, never had a problem with it...
twingoeasy

Post by twingoeasy »

Hello ...
1-In fact I was not modifying the right  php.ini File .....
   I dicover this mistake when I used the Wampserver2.0 /php/php.ini edit feature , supplied  by the Wampserver Icone.
2- Then I plugged the following value , in the php.ini  file :
    error_reporting = E_ERROR

And then I re-installed CMSMS ....
Everything then seemed to go Fine ....

I hope I did not masked some potential problem with this parameter vlue ....
I Will see...

Anyway thanks a lot for your help

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”