Upgrade 1.0.2 maui -> 1.5.4 ??? [Solved]

Help with getting the CMS CORE package up and running. This does not include 3rd party modules, PHP scripts, anything downloaded via module manager or from any external source.
osn
Forum Members
Forum Members

Upgrade 1.0.2 maui -> 1.5.4 ??? [Solved]

Post by osn »

I have tried to upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.5.4 but for some reason all I get when I try to run the installer is:
'Attempt to use ADODB from outside of CMS'. I'm not sure what this means except from that I'm forced to read back the backup and start all over with my try to upgrade.

Any idea how I should run this upgrade? diffrent steps between versions? There is many versions between my 1.0.2 and the latest 1.5.4 but the old version has been working great for me, but I want to take the step up to the latest version now if possible.

All help here will be highly appreciated.
Last edited by osn on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis Nilsson, Sweden
www.dartfrog.tk
Pierre M.

Re: Upgrade 1.0.2 maui -> 1.5.4 ???

Post by Pierre M. »

Hello,

yes, backups (files+db) never hurt.

There was some module API change arround 1.1 or 1.2 (I don't remember exactly, try the release notes) and there was some header change arround 1.4 (may be only a template rendering thing and letting your site immune to the change).

With backups handy, try these 1.(1|2) and 1.4 steps and hopefully the last one to 1.6 this week.

I hope your 1.0 site doesn't use obsolete/custom/outofcore modules.
You may also have to convert little things like {sitemap} ->{sitemaper} (or so, check syntax in the tags/plugins help).
You may be lucky and be done in one hour.

Have fun with CMSms

Pierre M.
osn
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by osn »

Thank you Pierre! Backing up is first step - I know  ;D
I had the advice to go in steps from 1.1.2 -> 1.2.x -> 1.5.x from some people in the chat and it was from 2 diffrent people so I guess that is the right way to start at to avoid the worst traps.

Do I have to get the plugins to work along the way? Is there something changed with modules like eg. Album?
How do I know if my website are using obsolete/custom/outofcore modules?

I havn't been using the news module at my site so this won't be a problem I guess. I know something was changed with this, right?
Dennis Nilsson, Sweden
www.dartfrog.tk
alby

Post by alby »

osn wrote: Do I have to get the plugins to work along the way? Is there something changed with modules like eg. Album?
How do I know if my website are using obsolete/custom/outofcore modules?
Some pluging was drop/changed, ex: contact_form drop
For Album module should work in 1.6 also but in MODULE method ONLY (not in ContentType method)

osn wrote: I havn't been using the news module at my site so this won't be a problem I guess. I know something was changed with this, right?
Templates in DB in 1.1.X, drop RSS, format_postadate, dateformat in 1.5.X
If you have not News you have not problem, uninstall this module and install when you want

Alby
Pierre M.

Post by Pierre M. »

Yes, I remember now : somewhat like RSS was deprecated from News in 1.4 and obsoleted by FeedMaker in 1.5. Or so so.

For the record :
-the less out of core modules/plugins/hacks you depend on, the better your site is.
-keep up to date with current versions to avoid big jumps hassles.
-and back up, back up and back up :-)

Have fun with CMSms

Pierre M.
osn
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by osn »

I'm upp running v. 1.6 now with no problems. Thank you for all help!
Dennis Nilsson, Sweden
www.dartfrog.tk

Return to “[locked] Installation, Setup and Upgrade”